Apple Watch Series 7 launched

airborne

Honorary Master
This.

Its really a joke

R13k for 18 hours battery and no native sleep tracking.

Fitbit is leagues ahead
Wtf, is it really going to cost R13k?

A range topping apple phone and watch setup is going to crack R50k soon. People are going have to roll with a security detail in Sa and imagine the monthly insurance on R50k of mobile devices

Sensorei

Executive Member
So after 2 years the battery life won't even carry you through to the next night. Ruined resale value. They've lost the plot.

Murmaider

I been holding off getting a smartwatch and am rather disappointed in this series 7.
I think I'm rather going to get myself the Garmin 6X Pro

Sapphiron

Expert Member
My wife's Xiaomi Mi band 5 is now on week 3 of a single battery charge. Will probably make it to week 4 before needing a recharge

Thor

Honorary Master
So after 2 years the battery life won't even carry you through to the next night. Ruined resale value. They've lost the plot.

2 years, the Apple watch hadn't had a battery update since 2015.

6spdmanual

Expert Member
After using Apple Watch for 4 years now, I don’t think anything they will ever do would impress me. I’m happy I switched to something else.

pozmans

I been holding off getting a smartwatch and am rather disappointed in this series 7.
I think I'm rather going to get myself the Garmin 6X Pro

I recently bought the Series 6 Stainless steel version because I knew the Series 7 was going to be an incremental upgrade. Glad Apple proved me right. It really depends what you’re looking for in a watch, there’s the obvious seamless integration with your other Apple products (if applicable) and ability to make calls/whatsapp, but if you’re looking for sports tracking, I’d go for another brand.