Aramex global shopper

RichardG

Honorary Master
Never used the but have heard of the - SAVED $45 thank you dude! Just registered once registered they give you a list of countries and a ail box address Worried about lost or damaged shipments? Don’t be. With AGS Protect, you can shop online with ease and have all of your shipments above US$100 and up to US$2500 or equivalent protected against loss or damage.

Our fees are as follows:

Shipment Value AGS Protection Fee

Up to US$100 No fee*

Every additional US$100 US$1 (or equivalent in local currency)

*Shipments of up to US$100 or equivalent are automatically covered by Aramex Global Shopper as per the Terms & Conditions.

Last edited:

HideInLight

Expert Member
I wouldn't trust using them for valuables, it's just to east to steal your parcel since the only ones who know you put it into the box would be you and the thief collecting it.

ld13

Honorary Master
I wouldn't trust using them for valuables, it's just to east to steal your parcel since the only ones who know you put it into the box would be you and the thief collecting it.

Dude. Relevance. This ain't got nothing to do with the aramex R99 dropbox service.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Shipping fees:

Shopping From Zone 1: US, UK, China, Hong Kong, South Africa, Germany , Italy, Spain, France and Singapore
274.00 ZAR

Shopping From Zone 2: Turkey, UAE and India
205.61 ZAR (1 KG) - they part of shopandship

RichardG

Honorary Master
Going to try their service now! SnS Account #: JNB XXXX

Name: Richard XXXX
Address Line1: 182-21 150th Avenue
Address Line2: JNB XXXX
City: Springfield Gardens
State: NY
ZipCode: 11413
Tel: 718-553-8740

rodga

Honorary Master
Going to try their service now! SnS Account #: JNB XXXX

Name: Richard XXXX
Address Line1: 182-21 150th Avenue
Address Line2: JNB XXXX
City: Springfield Gardens
State: NY
ZipCode: 11413
Tel: 718-553-8740

Bit of a necro...

How did it go with this service Richard?

RichardG

Honorary Master
Bit of a necro...

How did it go with this service Richard?
Fantastic. No complaints whatsoever.. They even go the extra mile and keep frequent contact with you... Sometimes they have competitions on twitter.

rodga

Honorary Master
Good to know. I have signed up.
They have a $10 promo till the end April. But I used a promo code that I found to register for free. Will post it here when I'm back at my pc.

steel_dog

Fantastic. No complaints whatsoever.. They even go the extra mile and keep frequent contact with you... Sometimes they have competitions on twitter.

How cool is this??? Way cool! Code AGS1002014 still works :) Sweet. Saved $45.
@DA-LION-619: Thank you buddy! Very appreciated.

@RichardG: Quick Q Richard. How are duties handled? See nothing on the T&Cs for that.

Rgds,
SD

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
A Clearance Fee of R50.00 per shipment will be charged for any Shipments with an invoice value of over R500.00

A 2.5% Disbursement Fee will be charge when your shipment has incurred Customs Duties and VAT in excess of R1000.00

In terms of SARS Importing Act, Customs VAT and Duties may be levied on your shipment and charged to your account.

AGS will pay these Customs VAT and Duties on your behalf and upload the charges to your AGS checkout for convenient payment.

Here are some common items and their respective Customs Duties:

Duties VAT

Beauty Supplies 20% 14%

Books 0% 14%

Brochures 15% 14%

Handbag 30% 14%

Calculator 0% 14%

Car Accessories & Spare Parts 20% 14%

Catalogues 15% 14%

CD’s Computer Data 0% 14%

CD’s Games 7% 14%

CD’s Programs 0% 14%

Clothing 45% 14%

Computer Equipment 0% 14%

CD’s, Movies, Songs 0% 14%

Cables 15% 14%

DVD’s 0% 14%

DVD Player 7% 14%

DVD Program 0% 14%

Data Cartridge (for printers) 0% 14%

Digital Camera 7% 14%

Guitar 0% 14%

iPad 0% 14%

Archos Internet Tablet 0% 14%

iPhone 7% 14%

iPod 7% 14%

Laptop 0% 14%

LCD Screen Computer 0% 14%

LCD Screen TV 25% 14%

Magazines 0% 14%

Makeup 20% 14%

Mobile 7% 14%

Mobile Charger 0% 14%

PlayStation 7% 14%

Poster 0% 14%

Radio 7% 14%

Shoes 30% 14%

Soap 20% 14%

Sports Equipment 0% 14%

Stationery 20% 14%

Supplements 20% 14%

Toys 0% 14%

VHS Tapes 0% 14%

Video Camera 7% 14%

Wallet 30% 14%

Watch 0% 14%

Web Camera 7% 14%

Wii 7% 14%

xbmcfan

The code still works.
Now you can buy from shops that don't offer EMS/DHL shipping and from other shops that do have premium shipping but for a lot less($23 for 1kg or $15 for less than 0.5kg).
Only problem is they don't consolidate different packages, each parcel ships out immediately and can also not do multiple destination addresses.

Anyone know of any other services with cheap prices but can also consolidate several packages?
Also have to be able to ship from Europe & China, not services like myus that only work for the US.

steel_dog

Hiya guys,

So I've used Aramex Global Shopper.
Glad to say my package arrived.
The service works, however isn't without issues.

Observations...
1. It took 2 days from when USPS tracking showed that the shipment was received by Aramex to when it showed up on my account.
2. I tried to make payment however nothing happened, shipment went into some weird Account submit
status and no payment options were offered. Tried to contact Aramex but the website channels are poor.
Live chat does not work. Emails were not responded to until Wednesday of the week following - actually after the
issue was resolved. The resolution... the Pay option is activated when the item is dispatched. There's no
confirmation of fee. It's pretty much just forwarded on.
3. Item took 5 days to arrive.
4. Item is left in packing as received. They just stick on a forwarding label.

I will use the service again however the website is very poor, customer service is borderline. :(
I'm glad I trialed it out with a R300 item. I can't image the nail biting if it were something more expensive.
Sadly my item was 20grams over .05kg, which cost me R275 rather than R175. The vendor threw in a freebie which bumped up the weight and cost be the extra ZARs. :)

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Hiya guys,

So I've used Aramex Global Shopper.
Glad to say my package arrived.
The service works, however isn't without issues.

Observations...
1. It took 2 days from when USPS tracking showed that the shipment was received by Aramex to when it showed up on my account.
2. I tried to make payment however nothing happened, shipment went into some weird Account submit
status and no payment options were offered. Tried to contact Aramex but the website channels are poor.
Live chat does not work. Emails were not responded to until Wednesday of the week following - actually after the
issue was resolved. The resolution... the Pay option is activated when the item is dispatched. There's no
confirmation of fee. It's pretty much just forwarded on.
3. Item took 5 days to arrive.
4. Item is left in packing as received. They just stick on a forwarding label.

I will use the service again however the website is very poor, customer service is borderline. :(
I'm glad I trialed it out with a R300 item. I can't image the nail biting if it were something more expensive.
Sadly my item was 20grams over .05kg, which cost me R275 rather than R175. The vendor threw in a freebie which bumped up the weight and cost be the extra ZARs. :)

Thanks for the insight