Aramex global shopper

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Got 3 parcels with Aramex and paid no shipping :)
After the parcels were received in their warehouse, it took 2 days to ship to my door.
My other 2 parcels has been stuck at customs for over a week so after custom's slow strike I hope to receive them next week.
Heard customs is on a slow strike, just glad I didn't use airmail otherwise the parcels would have disappeared before even getting scanned in SA. I don't know how other countries customs can clear parcels in 1-2 hours but in SA it can take a week with expedited shipping and 4-6 weeks with normal airmail with no way in the meantime to track your parcel. Other countries airmail shipping is faster than the expensive premium shipping methods we have to use to SA. Aramex is now one of the only ways to ship as DHL can now reach $40-$60 shipping per parcel and with the weak Rand it's not affordable anymore.
It's also nice that they send you photos of your parcels.
But if you eg. buy a 400 gram item, with packaging it can reach over 500gram and then you pay more R274 instead of R175 so just be aware of that.

Probably meant import duty.

xbmcfan

No, no R174 shipping, free shipping and no customs
About R274 + R274 + R472 = R1020 shipping saving +
R175 + R274 = R449 shipping saving for my other 2 parcels but I will have to pay customs for these.
So in total about a R1469 saving. All thanks to a post in this thread, but it's not possible now anymore for someone else to try.

Last edited:

peeryus

Placed an order of around R960 from Amazon on 27 Dec. Items weighed 1lb altogether and were delivered today and only paid R100 shipping thanks to the voucher posted by Xiphan. Great service from AGS!

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Received my parcel from Aramex Global shopper yesterday. They didn't even open the USPS packet it was originally shipped in - just slapped Aramex tape on top. I am VERY impressed. :D
Now to figure out how to order from Ebay using PayPal - as most companies require the shipping and billing addresses to be the same.

Xiphan

Received my parcel from Aramex Global shopper yesterday. They didn't even open the USPS packet it was originally shipped in - just slapped Aramex tape on top. I am VERY impressed. :D
Now to figure out how to order from Ebay using PayPal - as most companies require the shipping and billing addresses to be the same.

I'd say just go ahead and use your AGS address as per normal; I've already bought stuff from eBay where the seller states they will only ship to PayPal addresses and they had no problem accepting my AGS address.

airborne

Honorary Master
Placed an order of around R960 from Amazon on 27 Dec. Items weighed 1lb altogether and were delivered today and only paid R100 shipping thanks to the voucher posted by Xiphan. Great service from AGS!
What voucher? There was some free lifetime Ags voucher floating around recently, I'd love one if anyone has one spare.

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
My parcel was delivered at the aramexglobalshopper branch in the US. How long does it take to reflect on my account for payment?

xbmcfan

My parcel was delivered at the aramexglobalshopper branch in the US. How long does it take to reflect on my account for payment?

The same day if it was delivered in the morning(you got the notification in the morning).
It will ship to SA in 2-3 days excluding weekends.

If it is stopped by customs you can add another 8-15 days before receiving it.
It used to take 2-3 days in the past.
For some reason Customs(done by SARS) is now one of the most inefficient government departments in South Africa since the end of 2015.

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
The same day if it was delivered in the morning(you got the notification in the morning).
It will ship to SA in 2-3 days excluding weekends.

If it is stopped by customs you can add another 8-15 days before receiving it.
It used to take 2-3 days in the past.
For some reason Customs(done by SARS) is now one of the most inefficient government departments in South Africa since the end of 2015.

thank you, I just need to be patient then :)

airborne

Honorary Master
Anyone with a voucher, would love to give this a try without paying the R800 odd once off fee?

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
Anyone with a voucher, would love to give this a try without paying the R800 odd once off fee?

What happened in my case is that I registered, but cancelled on the payment screen as I didnt have my card on me. Problem with that is that there is no other way to pay so my account was in limbo. I was registered but didnt see any address or shipping info. They send me a voucher 2 weeks later and managed to find a link in the email to pay and by using the voucher I ended up not paying anything. You can go that route maybe, but it was a struggle. Phoning the aramexglobalshopper guys werent much help so I am not super impressed with their service.

Xiphan

What voucher? There was some free lifetime Ags voucher floating around recently, I'd love one if anyone has one spare.

During the holiday season, which started on November 24 up until the end of December, you could use the promo code AGS5OFF when paying for shipments to get $5 off your shipments, except I think there was a bug in the system because whenever I used it I got all my shipments for free! :D

Usually a day, if it's an item that incurs customs charges it takes longer for them to load it because they need to work out in advance how much you will have to pay for customs.

You can use BLOGAGS5 to register for a lifetime account for only $5. ;)

xbmcfan

OK so it seems Aramex Global Shopper is quite impressive

With DHL now costing $40-$50 to ship parcels from most places to SA and the weak currency, it's quite expensive.
Also places that don't even ship to SA, you can now buy from and look for the cheapest price.
Aramex can also be paid with Paypal which is nice and they send you a photo of your parcel.
If your parcel is not held at customs, the delivery time is actually faster than DHL.
I also saw other parcel forwarding services on Mybroadband but they are double the price of Aramex, which I think is not worth it.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Mine was just over 21 hours after arriving that I got a notification to pay. That was in Germany, though.

Xiphan

Think they realised the bug Xiphan. They only discounted me $5

Oh well, that's still better than nothing. ;)

With DHL now costing $40-$50 to ship parcels from most places to SA and the weak currency, it's quite expensive.
Also places that don't even ship to SA, you can now buy from and look for the cheapest price.
Aramex can also be paid with Paypal which is nice and they send you a photo of your parcel.
If your parcel is not held at customs, the delivery time is actually faster than DHL.
I also saw other parcel forwarding services on Mybroadband but they are double the price of Aramex, which I think is not worth it.

This reminds me of the one problem inherent with AGS. While it's a great service you do need to be careful of what you buy because if you need to return whatever you buy, like I recently had to, AGS does not offer you a cheap way to send an item back. I recently tried to score a good deal on a cellphone from eBay but instead I ended up receiving a defective unit which I had to return in less than a week to receive my refund. That ended up setting me back R770 through DHL! :(

peeryus

Eish that's hectic! Was just looking at some stuff on ebay. Used AGS with my 1st purchase from Amazon and they're really jacked up. Kept me updated every step of the way. Another thing I like about AGS is they post a pic of the package which just adds to the anticipation

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Eish that's hectic! Was just looking at some stuff on ebay. Used AGS with my 1st purchase from Amazon and they're really jacked up. Kept me updated every step of the way. Another thing I like about AGS is they post a pic of the package which just adds to the anticipation

Pic? Really? Interesting. Never got one myself.