Aramex global shopper

lived666

Executive Member
They are horrendous to deal with, I would say avoid - rather use gary at postbox-courier. I thought I would try them again, two small items delivered Monday, one they shipped wednesday and its somewhere on route and one they only logged in yesterday after a twitter query, no feedback on when they will ship. The local guys are clueless, no point in calling them, they have no answers, its erm, hmmm, i dunno.
If you not in a hurry, and the item has no value, then yeh, otherwise sadly, damn useless:mad:

lived666

Executive Member
Anyone know of any other services with cheap prices but can also consolidate several packages?
Also have to be able to ship from Europe & China, not services like myus that only work for the US.

from hong kong, uk, usa: gary from postbox-courier - they now also consolidate, so multiple parcels cheaper

whatwhat

Executive Member
How do they classify the stuff that you import?

I'd like to import some computer electronics worth around 5000 rand, but it's going to be a big difference between the 0 and 10-20% customs rate.

Xiphan

New promo code for free registration: AGSUSD10

I don't know if the above code still works but I recently used the following code when signing up: SNS10USUN.

As for the service itself I cannot fault it. I tested it out by ordering a cellphone case from a UK seller on eBay and I received it less than two days after they notified me. Even more impressive is that I got the notification through the app (which is also cool) on a Sunday and yet they still managed to make delivery early on Tuesday morning!

As for how they classified it, they just labelled the parcel with 'phone accessory' and I didn't have to pay anything other than the R175 for delivery. If anyone's interested in feedback regarding computer parts just let me know as I'll be ordering some on Friday.

HApyM3al

Expert Member
I don't know if the above code still works but I recently used the following code when signing up: SNS10USUN.

Quick question, is this discounted promo code or free sign up promo code?

Tempted as I always find purchasing on Amazon with duties bit too expensive lately. Think this service would be great with Newegg as well

Xiphan

Quick question, is this discounted promo code or free sign up promo code?

It's a discounted promo code; $10 for a lifetime membership.

Tempted as I always find purchasing on Amazon with duties bit too expensive lately.

Yeah, the money they slap on for import duties is insane as of late! Recently when I bought a graphics card off Amazon I was lucky to get a refund on my tax deposit but a friend of mine who bought a similar one wasn't. Inconsistency like that is enough to put me off and often times the local delivery option is free. Couple that free delivery with AGS and it works out cheaper and even quicker than relying on Amazon's shipping option.

Think this service would be great with Newegg as well

That's where I plan on getting my stuff from. I thought about getting a USUnlocked card and buying the stuff myself but I think it will be cheaper to just pay a friend of mine in the states via PayPal to do the purchase for me and have him ship it to my AGS address. :)

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Very disappointed with the local part of the service. It took 3 business days for Fanatec to ship from their headquarters in Germany to Aramex, and another 3 business days from Frankfurt to Johannesburg.

Since arriving in Johannesburg it was transported to Pretoria, where it has been "out for delivery" for 2 business days since Friday morning at 07:17, and if I enquire about expected delivery time, they just told me "today for sure" on Friday, and today they tell me "we don't know".

Definitely not using them again. Is there any better alternative than them?

ichigo

Executive Member
Very disappointed with the local part of the service. It took 3 business days for Fanatec to ship from their headquarters in Germany to Aramex, and another 3 business days from Frankfurt to Johannesburg.

Since arriving in Johannesburg it was transported to Pretoria, where it has been "out for delivery" for 2 business days since Friday morning at 07:17, and if I enquire about expected delivery time, they just told me "today for sure" on Friday, and today they tell me "we don't know".

Not sure if Parcelmonkey does other countries, but I had awesome service from them and got the parcel quite quickly from the UK with no custom fees.
https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/quotev3.php?sub=compare#international

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Xiphan

Sorry to hear you're not having a good time with them as I was just about to post another positive experience I had with them this morning. At the moment there is a promo code you can use until the end of December which gets you $5 off any of your shipments, except when I used it my entire shipment cost of $19 was discounted! :D

You can find details about the promo code here.

Another awesome thing is that I haven't had to pay duties on any of my shipments yet, even though the last one was a cellphone valued in excess of R5k, so score on that front! :D

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
Hiya guys,

So I've used Aramex Global Shopper.
Glad to say my package arrived.
The service works, however isn't without issues.

Observations...
1. It took 2 days from when USPS tracking showed that the shipment was received by Aramex to when it showed up on my account.
2. I tried to make payment however nothing happened, shipment went into some weird Account submit
status and no payment options were offered. Tried to contact Aramex but the website channels are poor.
Live chat does not work. Emails were not responded to until Wednesday of the week following - actually after the
issue was resolved. The resolution... the Pay option is activated when the item is dispatched. There's no
confirmation of fee. It's pretty much just forwarded on.
3. Item took 5 days to arrive.
4. Item is left in packing as received. They just stick on a forwarding label.

I will use the service again however the website is very poor, customer service is borderline. :(
I'm glad I trialed it out with a R300 item. I can't image the nail biting if it were something more expensive.
Sadly my item was 20grams over .05kg, which cost me R275 rather than R175. The vendor threw in a freebie which bumped up the weight and cost be the extra ZARs. :)

So I must be patient then? My package arrived in NY on Sunday, thought they would process it yesterday. No such luck.
I want my things darn it.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear you're not having a good time with them as I was just about to post another positive experience I had with them this morning. At the moment there is a promo code you can use until the end of December which gets you $5 off any of your shipments, except when I used it my entire shipment cost of $19 was discounted! :D

Another awesome thing is that I haven't had to pay duties on any of my shipments yet, even though the last one was a cellphone valued in excess of R5k, so score on that front! :D

Yeah I got my delivery eventually yesterday afternoon after escalating again. They phoned me and told me again it will be delivered yesterday, same **** as Friday. But since I had them on the phone now, I insisted on them giving me the driver's phone number.

The driver told me another driver was trying to deliver it on Friday, but "he doesn't know the area". What pisses me off, is they never called me to tell me the driver is lost, he just left it and never delivered it.

RustyPrincess

Expert Member

This is helpful :D

Xiphan

I just discovered another helpful promo code: BLOGAGS5

It's a registration promo code which allows you to get a lifetime account for $5 instead of the usual $45! :D

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I used Aramex Global Shipper to get a Poetic Turtleskin cover for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
I ordered it from Poetic on 19 Dec, they shipped to NY on 22 Dec.
Aramex emailed me that they had received it on 24th Dec.
There it sat, until yesterday,when I received an email stating that my parcel is on its way and that I could pay R175 to Aramex, which I promptly did. That price was easy to pay as it cost R148 just to courier a wireless charger from me in Cape Town to Johannesburg!
Nothing so far from Aramex, but because of the holidays I didn't expect anything to happen. I suspect like most parcels it will be scanned and put into a bonded warehouse in the UK before finally reaching me next week.
It doesn't seem the fastest service, but as long as you put your unique code on the 1st or 2nd line of your address Aramex seem to have no problem picking it up. They don't consolidate a couple of orders together and then ship, but this is okay as I don't order overseas in bulk - yet.
It's also safer than using the SAPO. As covers are scarce for the Tab S2 I also ordered one from BobJGear USA and one from Ebay. Both were sent Priority Mail International on 20 Jan (from Florida and Texas respectively). So far, not a peep from the Post Office.
As far as I know, Priority Mail international is EMS and is a maximum 10 day service. Holidays notwithstanding, a parcel should have surely been scanned into JHB SAPO by now.

xbmcfan

Got 3 parcels with Aramex and paid no shipping :)
After the parcels were received in their warehouse, it took 2 days to ship to my door.
My other 2 parcels has been stuck at customs for over a week so after custom's slow strike I hope to receive them next week.
Heard customs is on a slow strike, just glad I didn't use airmail otherwise the parcels would have disappeared before even getting scanned in SA. I don't know how other countries customs can clear parcels in 1-2 hours but in SA it can take a week with expedited shipping and 4-6 weeks with normal airmail with no way in the meantime to track your parcel. Other countries airmail shipping is faster than the expensive premium shipping methods we have to use to SA. Aramex is now one of the only ways to ship as DHL can now reach $40-$60 shipping per parcel and with the weak Rand it's not affordable anymore.
It's also nice that they send you photos of your parcels.
But if you eg. buy a 400 gram item, with packaging it can reach over 500gram and then you pay more R274 instead of R175 so just be aware of that.