Are you preparing for another hard lockdown?

Are you stockpiling?

• Yes - the likelihood of a hard lockdown is high

Votes: 100 30.2%
  • No - they wouldn't dare

Votes: 231 69.8%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Given the rumours circulating about the possibility of another hard lockdown will you be stockpiling items that were unavailable during the first? Or have you been doing so already? If so what are you stocking up on?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Because I trust the African National Criminals to do the wrong thing. I have a rotating stockpile of foodstuffs and alcohol for 6 weeks.
Six weeks worth of foodstuffs is impressive. What sort of shortages did you experience the first time?

Speedster

Honorary Master
They can't be stopped, fact of life. The "pandemic" hype needs to end, only the weak virus is real. Mankind needs to grow back its spine.

Not voting, don't believe the rumours and won't add fuel to this st00pid fire.
They can be slowed, which is the point of a lockdown. The previous one was unnecessarily, even foolishly, long but certainly necessary.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Nope, mortality rates worldwide are very low, and far lower here. We are all being conned, to "save the planet", and it's so unbelievable that it's not believed but there are experts trying to use non-mainstream means to educate us... this is the new world order by the elite of the elite, for example Bill Gates owns the World Health Organisation. Just need to open one's eyes.

No need to believe me, you'll see in time.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Nope, mortality rates worldwide are very low, and far lower here. We are all being conned, to "save the planet", and it's so unbelievable that it's not believed but there are experts trying to use non-mainstream means to educate us... this is the new world order by the elite of the elite, for example Bill Gates owns the World Health Organisation. Just need to open one's eyes.

No need to believe me, you'll see in time.
It must be fun living in your own alternate reality where you get to make up your own facts?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
This doesn't warrant another lockdown
View attachment 940208
**** off with your logic and common sense.

Me? I already have a shopping list and a credit card in my gummy little paw. Of course the shopping list is only bog roll, bananas, and some booze and smokes to resell.

(yes, yes, I know all about underpants and flip flops, but we've decided as a family to go commando and barefoot like true east randers).

Speedster

Honorary Master
It must be equally like living in a fun-house upsidedown world if you believe, as you suggest you do, the drivel and baseless hype you are being sold by the government.
I don't believe much (if anything) coming from any politician's mouth. I do believe my friends working in our hospitals and clinics across the country though. I believe my colleague who had a heart attack during the first lockdown but wasn't able to be given an ICU bed as it was full. I believe my father-in-law who still has tremendous health struggles 4 months after he contracted Covid.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Covid is real, but affects very few. There's no need to test for it, it's spread very easily and most or all already have had it.
Hospitals are only full when they won't let "suspects" go home.

There's many facts, we could be here all day... and other threads that deal with it in detail so I'll stop "derailing" this one now.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I don't believe much (if anything) coming from any politician's mouth. I do believe my friends working in our hospitals and clinics across the country though. I believe my colleague who had a heart attack during the first lockdown but wasn't able to be given an ICU bed as it was full. I believe my father-in-law who still has tremendous health struggles 4 months after he contracted Covid.
Nice anecdotes.

Facts please?

My mother in law works in a hospital. One that caters to mainly old people in the Eastern Cape, which was supposed to be the deathliest death zone of them all with it's lack of preparation. And I understand the bodies simply didn't pile up. Same as they didn't anywhere.

Cutting through the emotion of your response, I get that the disease has impacted you personally and no-one here denies that for a teeny tiny percent, covid has devastating consequences. But the key is in the tiny percent.

The world is pretty certain of the risk cohort, and testing for risk characteristics should be ramped up, as we can positively affect those lives with interventions that lead them to better health regardless of covid. And those identified can be isolated and managed.

And the rest of us than simply live our lives.

Of course you are free to follow the death cult.