Arrest Over Cricket 'Match-Fixing' At Lord's

JK8

Banned
I've never ever seen a team 'winning' at 107/7 lose to 445!! Stuart Broad scores 159? Lol stupid Pakis!

I heard about this last year, the IPL guys said they will never ever allow Paki players in their leagues because of the match fixing.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
If it'll go on for long enough, the Pakis won't be able to play anywhere else.

Shortsighted thinking.

Sting

Ghost in the Machine
Absolutely shocking, but really not unexpected... This has been a time bomb waiting to explode.

getafix33

Expert Member
People are ignorant if they think that match fixing especially in cricket does not still happen.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

schumi

Honorary Master
Lets hope if Pakistan play, the Lords crowd do not pretend like nothing happened

schumi

Honorary Master
I feel sorry for players & fans. Kamaran Akmal pretending to be injured so he can boycott the team since his brother wasn’t picked, Afridi tampers with the pitch, tampers with the ball, asif getting convicted of possession (contraband) at the Dubai airport, shoaib akhtar's genital warts fiasco, Sri-lankan team gets assaulted by terrorists in Lahore, match-fixing allegations by Pak minister, shoaib akhtar and mohd. asif nandralone conviction and later reversal on comical grounds, thats jus a few things, wtf is wrong with that team

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Neither can the holier than thou South African's.

It's not our Hansie......

Ha ha.......
Or the Aussies for that matter (remember Warne and Waugh?). These guys need to be banned, irrespective of which country they play for.

There are many kids who dream of representing their country, and these ungrateful tools use it to line their own pockets.

silkman

Expert Member
I don't think any sport is immune- motor racing, football , tennis, boxing, horse racing, athletics- all have had their fair share of scandals.

Bizkit87

Executive Member
Neither can the holier than thou South African's.

It's not our Hansie......

Ha ha.......

any other examples of match fixing from SA?

there is one for every year for Pakistan...

When match fixing becomes the norm, and not the exception, then one must worry...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Wonder what happened to the ICC's special unit that was tasked with preventing this.

He then allegedly offers to ask certain bowlers to make sure they bowl 'no-balls' at specific points in the match.

A person who places a bet on which ball will be a no-ball is either psychic or a crook.
Why aren't bets like that investigated??????????

Bizkit87

Executive Member
any other examples of match fixing from SA?

there is one for every year for Pakistan...

When match fixing becomes the norm, and not the exception, then one must worry...

always fun to qoute yourself.. but here you go:

Sydney - Australian cricket officials on Monday expressed shock at a match-fixing scandal engulfing Pakistan and said they were awaiting evidence that this year's bizarre Sydney Test was rigged.

thats two allready this year

New Zealand Cricket appealed on Monday for a swift resolution to the alleged betting scam to avoid any fallout on Pakistan's end-of-year tour there

thats 2 this year... Mamajyot, you still on Hansie? that's 1....

here

Smurfatefrog

Expert Member
I don't think any sport is immune- motor racing, football , tennis, boxing, horse racing, athletics- all have had their fair share of scandals.

I realise other sports must be affected but the only sport I can see similar "spot betting" on is tennis, where I spose you could bet on a double fault for example. Golf you could bet on a specific hole but assuming these bets are only on top golfers the incentive of bogeying a hole against the pay cut is likely not worth it, especially with the wealth of top golfers
Team sports are much harder for spot betting