I passed pure maths with 73%

Not bad considering I took no extra lessons, didn't really do homework and only studied a bit. I must say Maths Literacy is a joke, they literally ask you what's 73 - 47 type of questions and one of the hardest things in the exam is working out the area of an irregular shape. And the scary thing is, people still only get 40% for it.
Hee hee. Well, I've never taken an extra lesson in my life, I think it insults my character and intelligence, but in grade 10 I got 50% for maths, grade 11 I pulled a nice lil 70% (I just started studying for the tests

), then in matric I pulled an 88% for maths

. No extra lessons, just did my homework, and studied for exams, I put in that extra little effort for it

. I'm not even that good at maths either, just apply logic to the work and the work makes sense.
I understand that sometimes you look at a problem and think "holy shyte", ie: My Physics exam in 2009 where they left out a value making the number impossible to solve. However, just apply a little logic and think to yourself "flip, this is tough, I should come back to it because they should make the paper easier"...
I also think exam techniques should be something taught to kids. If you know the work, but are struggling to apply it, or have a mental block, knowing how to answer things can really help people!