Votes: 36 17.8%
  • 70 or older

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I am already retired

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
65 officially. Lots of people in my field get contract work after retirement, and I don’t really hate my job, so I might do that.

Or I might become a geriatric influencer/content creator, pushing a particular brand of adult diaper.

55. as much as I am grateful for my job, i do not enjoy it in the slightest. Leaving as early as possible where I still qualify to get a monthly pension from the pension fund.

65 officially. Lots of people in my field get contract work after retirement, and I don’t really hate my job, so I might do that.

Or I might become a geriatric influencer/content creator, pushing a particular brand of adult diaper.
A good influencer/narrator thoroughly tests their products on themselves.

Reactions: 3WA
"Retire" is a weird word for me as I don't see myself ever just going to sit on my ass and do nothing until I'm physically incapable of doing so.

Ideally at 55-60 I'd like to be in a financial independent position where I can go on an adventure that doesn't need to be massively profitable just not loss making, so I can see a small holding in my future with a bakery and/or bespoke restaurant setup serving a small guest house or a bit of both.

I don't want to end up running a full time venture as I want the flexibility of my own time, but I've had this idea in my head of a kind of "sleep over" restaurant where you have a self-catering setup but you do lunch or dinner as part of the stay.

Other: the vast majority of people work untill they die nowadays. People have three jobs and can't make ends meet.

Ok, I'll bite, how?
Off topic...

Last edited:
People with 3 jobs have probably indebted themselves with expensive cars and house....

I did the math on my pension fund the other day and the difference between retiring at age 60 vs 63 is crazy. Highest growth period on the biggest base and generally the products you buy into also give a better rate the older you are so retiring those 3 years later can boost what you are living on by 30 to 40%. Extending your career by perhaps 10% to get that big a jump seems worthwhile to me. Issue is my current employer forces retirement at 60 so I either need a second career or to jump jobs now. Anyways. Aiming for 63 here.

At the mandatory age of 65. Like my job and will get bored AF after retiring. Might sing a completely different tune in 20 or 30 years though, who knows.

Back