Attempt made to burn down ANC headquarters

intel8080

Banned
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Attempt-made-to-burn-down-ANC-headquarters-20130903

Johannesburg - Police on Tuesday night cordoned off the ANC’s headquarters in Johannesburg after an apparent attempt to set the building alight.

The party’s Jackson Mthembu said a “suspicious” fire had broken out in the reception area next to the main entrance.

He said security guards had put out the flames, which had almost reached the ceiling of the reception area.

“We view this in serious light as it appears as an act of attempting to destabilise the ANC through acts arson and sabotage,” said Mthembu.

He added that the police at Luthuli House would investigate the source the fire, while ensuring that there is no other pending threat to the building and people in the building.

Last edited by a moderator:

froot

Honorary Master
Someone must have been trying to think, and as a result, overheated.

intel8080

Banned
Burn baby burn :D WTF Is this some sort of cultural thing, problem solving, local strategy?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Fire at ANC Headquarters

A fire broke out in the reception area at Luthuli House on Tuesday, said the ANC.

"The fire damaged the reception area and burnt down a couch.... A broken bottle was found on the floor," said African National Congress spokesman Jackson Mthembu.

"Security personnel used fire extinguishers to put down ballooning flames that were almost reaching the ceiling of the reception area," he said.

Mthembu said police were investigating, but neither the police nor the Johannesburg emergency services could confirm the incident.

Source : Sapa /gm/cls
Date : 03 Sep 2013 19:41

MickeyD

RIP
I anticipate some red faces when the real cause of the fire is established.

And it won't be sabotage, etc....

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Here... have a tinfoil hat!

The ANC appear to have donned them first (as usual), in this case.

I reckon it was just someone pulling wire too hard, while he should have been working.

Lightscribe

Banned
Where was Redeemed tonight..? :p

This morning I woke up in a curfew...
Oh God, I was a prisoner too...
Couldn't recognise the faces hanging over me...
They were all dressed in uniforms of brutality...
How many rivers do we have to cross before we can get to the boss?
That's why we gonna be...burning and looting tonight! Burning and looting tonight!
Burning all illusion tonight! Burning all pollution tonight!

DJ...

Banned
Ironic if it really was a molotov cocktail. Burnt in a communist fire...:D

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
They must be letting in bloggers, sorry I mean reporters with dubious credentials. Was it you intel8080?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Destabilise the cANCer that's s laugh they do well enough themselves.

Probably domeone trying to cook coutch potatoes.