Audio Switch Recommendations?

Bl1zz4rd

Hi all!

I'm looking for an audio switch box. I can find lots of them with multiple inputs and a single output.

What I need is one with a single input and multiple outputs.

I've not had any luck finding such a thing locally. Only expensive, imported ones online.

Audio is being outputted from my PC and needs to be switched to, eg. a sound system, headphones, soundbar, etc. So I need to be able to toggle between, as opposed to outputting to all simultaneously (eg. via a splitter).

The box can use RCA or 3.5mm aux. I don't mind.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a switch?

Thanks in advance! :)

ponder

Honorary Master
Many of these passive switch boxes you should be able to swap the inputs & outputs as they're mechanical switches that simply reroute the circuit.

Last edited:

D4N_CPT

I had a simple passive Audio Input Selector (similar to this from Yebo Electronics) wired in reverse which worked.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but any of these cheap passive devices (no external power adapter required) should be a simple mechanical switch inside, which should work in reverse to achieve the desired outcome.

D4N_CPT

Many of these passive switch boxes you should be able to swap the inputs & outputs as they're mechanical switches jat simply reroute the circuit.
See you have beaten me to the reply.

Bl1zz4rd

I had a simple passive Audio Input Selector (similar to this from Yebo Electronics) wired in reverse which worked.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but any of these cheap passive devices (no external power adapter required) should be a simple mechanical switch inside, which should work in reverse to achieve the desired outcome.
Many of these passive switch boxes you should be able to swap the inputs & outputs as they're mechanical switches that simply reroute the circuit.
Thanks so much! I saw ones like that, but wasn't sure whether they could work in reverse. The guy at Yebo didn't know either. Will the one below work in reverse?

If so, I'll definitely get it, as it's really cheap.

https://avsupply.co.za/product_info.php/switches-splitters-port-switcher-rca-cable-p-554

Bl1zz4rd

Update: I bought a switch like the one recommended and it does work in reverse. Thanks again :)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You didn't even need a switch box, could have just used a splitter cable.

Bl1zz4rd

You didn't even need a switch box, could have just used a splitter cable.
Would that not have played the audio through the multiple systems simultaneously? I needed it to be switched between them easily, which the cheap device I bought is now doing.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Would that not have played the audio through the multiple systems simultaneously? I needed it to be switched between them easily, which the cheap device I bought is now doing.
Correct.

But surely you wouldn't have both on at the same time for no good reason?