Axxess and Internet Solutions Uncapped Unshapped Nightmare

niffd

Axxess and Internet Solutions Uncapped Unshapped Nightmare

So Ive had this 4096 axxess-express (@R496) account for 2 months now and today things just got as bad as they could ever get, I noticed this morning that my account was really slow* scratch that REALLY REALLY SLOW. Now you all know about this fair usage (blatant profiteering) policy and how it shapes your "Unshapped" account via a star ratting system.

Now For those that don't know these account are heavily shaped, All levels of your account will be shapped HTTP, torrents, FTP, Specific Websites "You tube and almost any other streaming site out there.

To put it simply your 4096kbs line will on an average day be shaped down to a 512kbs line. Then in the evening it'll be a little faster maybe 1024kbs, and late night you might get a little faster than that.

But now they have shaped my account down to 8.0kbs, this is confirmed with my Isp who have tested my account from there side, So now i'm taken back to 1998 and a 56kb dial up modem.

This all begs the question, what do i do about it? Do i contact a lawyer, Do i change service providers or do I make a point with High Explosives. Please help because between Telkom and Axxess(IS) I'm paying a thousand rand for Internet services and I'm getting a dial up modem during the day.

AXXESS SAY "YOUR BEEN SHAPED", mmm.. well thats nice thanks for telling me the obvious. My problem is not that I'm been shaped its that what is 8.0kbs. Its a FKN GRAIN OF SAND IN SPACE. Why is the shaping so severe do they know that the Internet does not work at this speed.

Here are some links to my DL speeds, type of account and history.

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/internetsolutionsunshap.jpg/
http://img816.imageshack.us/i/isdsl.jpg/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/axxesspage.jpg/

Thanks for listening to me rant and if you know of any service that is better please leave you comments.

Niffd

Lounger

Expert Member
Well if they treat you like a child, throw a tantrum.

I gave up on them myself after trying to get an explanation. Nobody calls back at Axxess marketing.

assagai

Expert Member
I got 50GB this month on 4mbps - last week or so has been very badly shaped. Just cancelled with axxess.
Afrihost hos 50GB unshaped for R247 - I had to pay axxess R496 for that amount of bandwidth and horrible speeds!

I think this whole thing is a scam to discourage people from using the "uncapped" accounts, so that they can phase these products out :)

JvanD

Expert Member
In this day and age I still hear the words shaping ... :whistling:

niffd

If you look at the images you'll be able to see Ive been able to download 300+ gigs but now my Internet is off. Uncapped they said. the shaping is so severe that the Internet times out all the time. So i basically cant use it during the day. From 6 in the morning till 8 at night. Then I get 24kbs. And unshaped 3.5Mbs after 12 at night.