Axxess default answer for slow speeds

diephoenix08

I lost it last night with Axxess and their slow speeds. Seand again a complaint. Got back it seems the default answer for all speed related complaints:

HI there

i see that on this account you are running two connections which would half the speed and you are running on a 1 star ratting that would be the reason that you are getting very slow speeds when you have only 1 star your account has a low priority and when higher priority account are on they will run faster and you will run slower due to the fare usage policy

Funny, almost exactly the same answer as a couple of week ago. This is on an 1024 Mb uncapped package, me and my brother-in-law are sharing the line, both on 384 line, that means we only use 75% of the package, kind of difficult to be one of the top heavy users. My brother-in-law line's speed was fine, tested my side with speedtest.net, and getting 5kbs to New York, local is fine, London and Hong Kong is fine. And same as last time I complained, 30 min later the line is running fine again.

With their shaping in business hours, and shaping outside business hours, you can't realy download much, doing little over 60gb a month on my half, used to grab about 80gb.

Anybody out there with a similar story?

whatwhat

Executive Member
Is there a way to see what your star rating on their accounts are without emailing them?

diephoenix08

No, you can log into the IS ADLS monitor site to see what you used. there is a link to notifications, but nothing shows there about been shaped.

Axxess has also their own monitor site, but it is always out of sync of the real values. Again no notifications. The only way to know is if you ask them. By the way, I asked them for the log files showing us in relation with the other users that is sitting in the top 20%. Still waiting....

Also not sure who does the shaping, Axxess or IS?

ISPs are easy to blame downloaders of misusing the bandwidth, I manage the firewall at work, and facebook and streaming media saturates the bandwidth just as much as torrents. Yes, we always get the blame.

I think they are just using the star rating as an easy excuse to crimp capacity and bandwidth to the clients, making more space available for more customers. We still do not know the contention ratios that they are running on, or the real shaping rules they apply. all we get is this vague top 20% or top 50%. There is no evidence that you are one of the top users.

I have complained 2 times on slow speeds, and both times the same story about the 1 star rating. Am still waiting for them to come back to me about the fact that we are only using the package at 75% capacity. Just silence.

I have never on axxess uncapped had the full 128/384 capasity. most of the time it is 74/200, and even 74/74, where is the rest. Connected last night to afrihost, very very slow these days, but got very close to 128/384.