Axxess fixed LTE (Telkom)

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
So I got tired of RAIN - there is some signal but throughput makes you want to punch somebody in the face.

Last week Wednesday I ordered a Telkom fixed LTE SIM through Axxess, which got delivered this morning.

Rushed back home at warp speed (he he he he) put the SIM into the router, powered it up and expected...

...the SIM to take a while to activate, but to my surprised delight, it activated and I was able to start surfing immediately.

Speeds are not too shabby :

axxess-telkomLTE.png

So I'm happy, somebody will not get a punch in the face, and I'm impressed with the level of service from Axxess.

Now about the RAIN cancellation... that'll be probably another story.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Sorted another family member out recently with Telkom fixed LTE through Axxess.( I myself use Afrihost MTN fixed LTE. Never had any problems with either,
speeds and service availability excellent.)

Ordered SIM online , uploaded Rica docs, delivery in under a week, blue light and connection worked minutes after placing sim in router.

P.S The coverage maps showed no signal, yet when I tested it before ordering with my own router and sim the signal was strong.
I recommend to check signal, if possible, before you take the coverage maps as gospel. Either way!

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
On hindsight I could've got a telkom SIM at telkom or checkers, and did the provisioning on Axxess's website, and avoided the wait over the weekend.

But good to know that that option is there.

As for the signal, I tested it before with a Telkom SIM (company phone) so I'm glad that this is working. Did not even check for coverage.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Really?

Notification Email said:
Please note that you have reached 82.76000000000001% of your Anytime Data.

Saying 82.76% is good enough for me, but the extra zeros tacked onto the end of it... it just is overkill... :ROFL:

BayCityRoller

Subject: Telkom LTE Bonus data
Posted: 2021-05-01 15:33:00
Message: We are aware of bonus data not being allocated to some Telkom LTE users.
Our engineers working with Telkom to have the correct data allocated.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

@Captain Axxess - I'm one of those affected by this ... am missing 10GB Anytime Data + 10GB Night Time data from my May allocation. I notified your support dept. by e-mail over the weekend (included screenshots of my data at the time), so they're already aware my account's missing this bonus data.

If Telkom haven't seen to this by tomorrow morning, can you guys at Axxess wake them up to sort it out ASAP thereafter ...

Thanks.

Last edited:

Totempole

Expert Member
On hindsight I could've got a telkom SIM at telkom or checkers, and did the provisioning on Axxess's website, and avoided the wait over the weekend.

But good to know that that option is there.

As for the signal, I tested it before with a Telkom SIM (company phone) so I'm glad that this is working. Did not even check for coverage.
Does Axxess allow that with Telkom Sims?

I thought that was only possible with MTN.

If so it would save the courier cost of ordering a 10GB+10GB Sim from them when I need an extra one again.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
@Captain Axxess - I'm one of those affected by this ... am missing 10GB Anytime Data + 10GB Night Time data from my May allocation. I notified your support dept. by e-mail over the weekend (included screenshots of my data at the time), so they're already aware my account's missing this bonus data.

If Telkom haven't seen to this by tomorrow morning, can you guys at Axxess wake them up to sort it out ASAP thereafter ...

Thanks.
Hi there,

Please send me a DM with your account details, I would like to have a look at this and see what could be wrong.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
Does Axxess allow that with Telkom Sims?

I thought that was only possible with MTN.

If so it would save the courier cost of ordering a 10GB+10GB Sim from them when I need an extra one again.
Hi there,

No, we do not have this system in place. You would need to purchase the sim card from us directly.

BayCityRoller

Hi there,

Please send me a DM with your account details, I would like to have a look at this and see what could be wrong.

Thanks - will send them after this note, as bonus data not yet corrected ; please note that I'm satisfied with the rollover amount now on 18.33 GBs from last month, (which a few days ago was 20GB odd) carried over from the 30GB package I was on last month.

I upgraded (on the 19th April - approx. ?) to the 50GB + 50GB from the 1st May.

Currently Anytime is sitting at 40.00 GBs, and Night on 38.13 GBs available, hence the missing 10GB "bonus data" for each.

Hopefully you can get it resolved, as your engineers seem not to have managed to.

BayCityRoller

@Captain Axxess - a *188# USSD SMS gives me the following results :

Hello! You have 49102 MB "inclusive SmartBroadband data" available.
8142 MB will expire on 01/06/2021.

Hello! You have 39047 MB "inclusive Night Surfer Bundle data" available.
39047 MB will expire on 01/06/2021.

Hello! You have 10240 MB "LTE/LTE-A Anytime Data" available.
10240 MB will expire on 01/06/2021 at 00:00.
... so give or take, 49 + 39 + 10 = 98 GB that Telkom confirm as loaded onto my SIM.
(figures above don't take into account the approx. 18GB rollover data from last month, which as noted before in a post above, is reflected in my profile already - so altogether, approx. 116 GB should be the total available & reflected, at the moment).

Presumably your engineers / dev. team are responsible for reflecting this in my profile, and we're therefore not waiting for Telkom to "allocate it" (as per Axxess' Status page), but for you at Axxess to represent it correctly ?

I'm surprised something like this doesn't appear to have been picked up before now, as this is no longer a new service you've suddenly started offering.

Do you have an idea as to how long it will take to resolve this ?

Just wondering, as it shouldn't have a bearing on our internet usage, but any client at any ISP on a capped data product wants to know that it's being accurately recorded (by the ISP), especially when / as it's a resold product.

BayCityRoller

Subject: Telkom LTE Bonus data
Posted: 2021-05-05 09:20:00
Message: We are aware of bonus data not being allocated to some Telkom LTE users. Our engineers working with Telkom to have the correct data allocated. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
I see you changed the date to yesterday (from the original 1st May), so it would appear this hasn't been a long(er) outstanding issue ?

Still no feedback, or anything positive to report on resolving this, @Captain Axxess ?

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
I see you changed the date to yesterday (from the original 1st May), so it would appear this hasn't been a long(er) outstanding issue ?

Still no feedback, or anything positive to report on resolving this, @Captain Axxess ?
Hi there,

We do currently have our support supervision on this matter. I will be following up shortly and report back to you via DM.

BayCityRoller

Hi there,

We do currently have our support supervision on this matter. I will be following up shortly and report back to you via DM.
The status page for mobile services has been changed to "All services are currently 100%".

But, my "bonus data" of 20GB (10 + 10) hasn't been added to my profile, and no DM from you up to now explaining anything - this is sub-par customer service, far as I'm concerned.

Total data available as at "Last Updated: 2021-05-07 09:15:10." is : 91.86 GBs
Should be an additional 20GB, so 111,86 GBs , and almost a week into the month without resolution.

Why doesn't your accounts dept. just credit me the pro-rata amount o/s (20GB out of the 50 + 50 package) if you can't get it showing in my profile ? ... then I don't need to wonder what's going on anymore AND you don't need to be bothered by my posts in this thread.

Last edited:

MirageF1

Executive Member
@Captain Axxess Hi could you look into my mother's account, as her nighttime data is now reflecting she has no nighttime data even though she is very careful about usage and monitoring it to last the entire month. She's only on 10+10Gb package. I've logged a ticket #0h4078g5gk yesterday for her but was told they looking into it. Unfortunately waiting for Telkom to get back to Axxess after investigating is not a reasonable response as she is now without any nighttime data due to no fault of her own.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep
@Captain Axxess Hi could you look into my mother's account, as her nighttime data is now reflecting she has no nighttime data even though she is very careful about usage and monitoring it to last the entire month. She's only on 10+10Gb package. I've logged a ticket #0h4078g5gk yesterday for her but was told they looking into it. Unfortunately waiting for Telkom to get back to Axxess after investigating is not a reasonable response as she is now without any nighttime data due to no fault of her own.
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I have sent you a DM.

BayCityRoller

The status page for mobile services has been changed to "All services are currently 100%".

But, my "bonus data" of 20GB (10 + 10) hasn't been added to my profile, and no DM from you up to now explaining anything - this is sub-par customer service, far as I'm concerned.

Total data available as at "Last Updated: 2021-05-07 09:15:10." is : 91.86 GBs
Should be an additional 20GB, so 111,86 GBs , and almost a week into the month without resolution.

Why doesn't your accounts dept. just credit me the pro-rata amount o/s (20GB out of the 50 + 50 package) if you can't get it showing in my profile ? ... then I don't need to wonder what's going on anymore AND you don't need to be bothered by my posts in this thread.

Update on this data shortfall saga with Axxess :

They've now sorted out the data I was missing, but it was a struggle.

Have now come to the realization that the only way to get anywhere with Axxess when there are things to sort out, is via their Accounts dept., whether e-mail or calls - e-mail is a slow process, and tends to lead to misunderstanding, so ultimately, a few calls needed to clarify things.

Absolutely nothing was achieved in trying to get help from their presence on this forum.