Axxess vs Google Search & analytics

krycor

Honorary Master
Ok, how do i fix this?? I am using axxess prepaid(IS based IP)[while capped on my main account] and i noticed I cant load google search at all :( Uhm the dns i am using is an open dns so its not that.

In fact anything that goes thru the google.com service seems stuffed except things that had once opened gmail/docs and even those won't work if i need to log in(then i have to do log in, close tab and reload it again and the caching sorts it out). The same with this forum and just about ANY page using google stats/analytics service.. the page just hangs or never completes its loading though the contents of the page fully load.

Not sure why this is happening..

Last edited:

Pixual

Expert Member
I thought I was alone with this problem. The solution I found was to use Yahoo and stop wasting time using sites that are Google heavy.

Fjorko

Expert Member
had the same issue guys... dunno what it was, but change your router/modem to get its dns automatically from axxess and reboot.

worked for me

somethine fishy with axxess and IS non the less.....

swb

I have the same problem, bought an axxess voucher at engen this afternoon. Cant access anything through google nor yahoo.

ponder

Honorary Master
Same here. On & off though.

Thought I fixed it when I removed OpenDNS from my Win settings but no.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I know axxess is having line issue with IS at mo. Been suffering since friday. Minimal EVE , very bad.

krycor

Honorary Master
yup, fixed it by setting dns to the one auto assigned on router

swb

Thanks man! I changed my dns setting on my router from user defined to auto and now it works!

Pixual

Expert Member
Where in the router are you able to set DNS? Can't see that in my Mega 100WR, but then I have been known to overlook the obvious...

andrekrit

Google.com / Live.com / Facebook.com inaccessible

You are not imagining things. There was NO access to google.com and other sites this weekend and the problem seems to be continueing. It has NOTHING to do with your DNS settings. The host name gets resolved, but then there's no throughput. If you do a ping to the various problematic sites, you'll actually see that there's around 80-100% packet loss! Hmmm, no wonder those sites do not want to work.

The problem is intermittent. For hours there'll be no access and then all of a sudden, it works for a few minutes. I guess those claiming that a reboot or dns change fixed their problem probably made this fix / change around those "up times". Axxess call centre did acknowledge that a few users phoned in with the "google problem" and said they would log a query with IS.

I thought ADSL would be SO much better than Sentech's MyWireless, but I've had more issues this month than the whole last year with Sentech!

swb

everything seems to work again besides yahoo.
I pinged yahoo and received 4/4 packets(0% loss) but when I try to access yahoo through browser(firefox) I get no results.

ponder

Honorary Master
I just had issues 5mins ago with both google & yahoo. Switched from Axxess to Cybersmart and everything works fine. Problem must be on the IS network somewhere.

Just phoned IS and they know nothing of this problem whatsoever. How does one get this fixed.

Last edited:

Fjorko

Expert Member
I also tried Yahoo now - cannot et to the site ! Wierd.... this is starting to P me off !

krycor

Honorary Master
i didn't use it long enough or check to figure if the dns change was the proper solution because well.. new month, uncapped :)

Pixual

Expert Member
My iGoogle page won't load my feeds from RSS at all now. Looks like the new "chat" thing has borked the whole farking page.

How do I change DNS settings on the router?