Axxess you suck!

D-Boy

Sup, I just want to tell you all my experience with axxess

I used to recommend axxess to everyone, and if they don't like axxess, I'll punch them, as simple as that!

Now... axxess changed from the BEST ISP to the WORST ISP ever!!!!!

wtf is going on with axxess???!!!

0861 300 900 always puts u in a queue, and makes you listen to the awesome tune "your wonderful, you beautiful" tune :erm: and makes you wait forever and then if your lucky, it hangs up on you

I've got a 10meg uncapped setup.

pingtest gives me a D rating, speedtest give me around 1~3meg fluctuating heavy, max 7meg, it used to be solid 10meg line, for this entire year, until they started with their free account speed upgrades +bragging newsletters

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Problem probably is with your line.

Have you tested your account on a different line (which's known to be good)?

brentthought

Dude i have a 10mb line i've only hit 224gb now and i've been throttled to like 512kb/s and the most *****ed up thing is that i only
joined axxess end of last month. but i can tell you that maybe the fact that Axxess is running on MTN Backbone, if you trace their ip
address it takes you to mtn business, so lol, i think in the long run we've subscribed to a subscriber lol and MTN is i've realised and even
bigger joke with their 1 day uncapped bundle WTF, after a 150 mb downloading they throttle me from 1.5mbps on htc to 128kbps
because its fair usage alotment, altho they don't tell you anything just like axxess doesn't say "once you reach a certain limit what they
do is throttle the top % of people in a certain group who use the most cap over a 10 day rolling period"

I guess the heading on their web browser page is just a load of bull**** "uncapped adsl, unlimited downloads, uncapped internet" +
there is nowhere in their terms and conditions anything about reaching a limit to their "unlimited downloads" and being throttled WTF,
if i wanted a 512kbps line i would of just used a F*ING cellphone.

gonna email Carte Blanche, see if they will check it out. haven't watched tv in so long are they even on anymore?

brentthought

oh yeah and my line speed test says 8mb and 800 kbps on upload, i'm pulling 512kb download, whereas 3 weeks ago i pulled 150gb in 4 days ......

Tinuva

The Magician
Ive done 412GB so far on this account. It is indeed heavily shaped, especially during the day, but the browsing experience and other interactive servers are still pretty damn good, even though downloads are slow. So a very nice account for during the day.

Kido

Dude i have a 10mb line i've only hit 224gb now and i've been throttled to like 512kb/s and the most *****ed up thing is that i only
joined axxess end of last month. but i can tell you that maybe the fact that Axxess is running on MTN Backbone, if you trace their ip
address it takes you to mtn business, so lol, i think in the long run we've subscribed to a subscriber lol and MTN is i've realised and even
bigger joke with their 1 day uncapped bundle WTF, after a 150 mb downloading they throttle me from 1.5mbps on htc to 128kbps
because its fair usage alotment, altho they don't tell you anything just like axxess doesn't say "once you reach a certain limit what they
do is throttle the top % of people in a certain group who use the most cap over a 10 day rolling period"

I guess the heading on their web browser page is just a load of bull**** "uncapped adsl, unlimited downloads, uncapped internet" +
there is nowhere in their terms and conditions anything about reaching a limit to their "unlimited downloads" and being throttled WTF,

gonna email Carte Blanche, see if they will check it out. haven't watched tv in so long are they even on anymore?

Here you go : https://www.axxess.co.za/aup.php#toc11

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Sup, I just want to tell you all my experience with axxess

I used to recommend axxess to everyone, and if they don't like axxess, I'll punch them, as simple as that!

Now... axxess changed from the BEST ISP to the WORST ISP ever!!!!!

wtf is going on with axxess???!!!

0861 300 900 always puts u in a queue, and makes you listen to the awesome tune "your wonderful, you beautiful" tune :erm: and makes you wait forever and then if your lucky, it hangs up on you

I've got a 10meg uncapped setup.

pingtest gives me a D rating, speedtest give me around 1~3meg fluctuating heavy, max 7meg, it used to be solid 10meg line, for this entire year, until they started with their free account speed upgrades +bragging newsletters

Have you logged a fault with Telkom to see if your exchange is congested?

Vincent_Thorn

All that AUP just BS and inability of ISP to follow business rules.
I understand situation that everything in SA is expensive and ISP cannot buy unlimited bandwidth. But once they reach some amount of customers, they should STOP accepting more clients! Second, if they have to shape "unlim" users, they DO NOT provide full service and should give money back proportionally shaping. If I pay R300 and get only 1/3 of full speed, my R200 should be with me. This is fair for both sides and prevents ISP from cheating with us.

akescpt

Honorary Master
How much can you pull on a 4mb before you are throttled? How is streaming?

Tinuva

The Magician
How much can you pull on a 4mb before you are throttled? How is streaming?
Probably something like 30GB. Even after the "managed" state, streaming is still fine. Browsing is fine. Gaming is fine. Downloads is pretty much all that gets killed.

Nimz

Executive Member
Probably something like 30GB. Even after the "managed" state, streaming is still fine. Browsing is fine. Gaming is fine. Downloads is pretty much all that gets killed.

Are downloads full speed after hours and on weekends?

Don't mind being shaped during the day as I'm at work but do require full speed after hours

Looking to change ISP's so any advice is welcome

Really tired of IS and their star rating crap as i'm almost always on a 1 star rating - That is for only doing 250GB max

6MB Line - average monthly usage 250GB - 300GB

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma

224GB is a lot.

My wife and I stream content every day and are pretty huge power users. We only use 80-100GB (with absolutely no slow down).

Stop downloading so much illegal content :D

Tinuva

The Magician
Are downloads full speed after hours and on weekends?

Don't mind being shaped during the day as I'm at work but do require full speed after hours

Looking to change ISP's so any advice is welcome

Really tired of IS and their star rating crap as i'm almost always on a 1 star rating - That is for only doing 250GB max

6MB Line - average monthly usage 250GB - 300GB
Sadly, once you in a managed state for the month, you will have to wait to the next month. No unshaped after hours like you get on IS.

On IS once you on once star, your daytime throttling is harsh, but at least you completely unshaped after hours. IS 1 star accounts can do A LOT more traffic than a Axxess account. Like I said, you will be doing about 30GB downloads for the month, or any traffic up to 30GB, then downloads/p2p get shaped to about 2% of line speed. On 10Mbps account, my downloads go down to 18KB/sec.

Axxess accounts, even though managed, great for everything else other than downloads, even during the day.
IS 1 star acccounts, even though total crap during the day, its amazing after hours for anything including downloads/p2p.

Tim the Techxpert

Expert Member
Hi There,
I see comments from everyone but the op.

So D-Boy is the problem still there? If so have you placed a call with Telkom?
Can you please post the results as Zertop requested.

Thanks

Tim

karele

I'm With axxess and they tend to mess up at the worst time, however every promise to resolve the issue I have had has been kept.
This month I had a billing issue where they received payment but the system showed I had not paid. In fact it happened now for a few months, I decided to be a real @rse about it and refused to resend proof of payment. They went through the accounts and about 20 mins later I got a call saying that they have found the payment, my account is active and working. Next moment my remote connection was up.
Just my 2c worth.

photosmith

Axxess and Afrihost are now the same company basically and they are both on the mtn network . And they manage their adsl users crappy if you ask me. I can browse and watch youtube fine but doing anything else like downloading office or installing a service pack takes forever because they throttle that down to 25kb/s

What you guys can do is get firefox install a youtube video downloader and see what speeds you get when you download the video directly from youtube . If it is still fast then there you go. You are being throttled even though they have the capacity to actually give you full speed. I mean if you can download a youtube video at high speed why not any other downloads

Ash_ZA

I have the same experience that D-Boy has, 20GB in 10 days and I am being "managed" as they put it. This is on a 10GB uncapped. Also, they shape to ridiculous 40kb/s. I honestly wish there is another problem and the technicians I spoke to is just uninformed but this has been going on for 6 months now.

at the very least I should get the same bandwidth a capped account for the same cost gets. at least.

Last edited: