Backend developer seeking an opportunity [Python/Django]

Hi guys,
I'm a self-taught backend developer and still in my journey of making this career switch!
I'm looking for a shot to help with any test project you may have in order to earn the opportunity for a long term remote contract.
All I need is a shot, you have nothing to lose and no money to spend by giving this a chance.

Please let me know what you think about this trade.

petercoetzee

Hi there, can you maybe just do a quick blurb on your age/location/experience (or background) and interests. We have some space for backend devs but the fit needs to be right.

are you only interested in python/django?
not really,
as a developer, if the specific project requires you to learn a new langue, then that's what you have to do.
plus it doesn't take long if you already understand the fundamentals of computer programing in different languages.
for instance, it only took me one week to learn NodeJS and get comfortable using it. even though it been a while since I've done anything with it, it will now probably just take me a couple of hours or a day to refresh my memory and use it again if necessary.

Last edited:

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
You can think of it more as an eventual progression rather than a pivot.
I have always been more intrigued about how things work, beyond just the look and feel.
i was like this, looking back i wish i had rather become an electrician than a software developer.