Bad Driving thread

Brieuse

Expert Member
What is not nice is the way he drove around town. I was walking to the post office the other day and could hear this f......r a couple of blocks away. Not only the music but the obnoxiously loud snorts that car made. One of my pet peeves on performance VWs and their DSG 'boxes. Anyways, no one got hurt today so I am thankful for that. Admittedly I did try to catch him once up that very stretch of road where the car was rekt and it is wicked fast - I reach 130km/h at that spot coming up from the traffic lights - not sure what he was doing - but that was some time ago.

There does not seem to be any hard impact between Popeye and the truck so rumour has it this is a power mod gone wrong resulting in the fire. Guess we'll find out in due time.
but this is serious overkill karma lol, hope everyone's ok

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Zikey1 GP, a old grey Merc A class, has a POS driver. He purposefully uses turning lanes and chevroned area to bypass other traffic.

Craig_

Honorary Master
I could never keep up with Popeye - but now I can. :sneaky:

View attachment 1205202
I don't think it is still worth that much so you might haggle a good deal.

View attachment 1205204

View attachment 1205206

When they hooked the golf I was standing right there on the left, never even saw you coming pass.
Update - shucks - sounds like there is more to this than was led on :
Truck driver apparently was seriously injured after the Golf went under it.

He had a gash on his head apparently. He didn't even realize it until people pointed out all the blood to him. Both him and pop eye was taken to hospital.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yeah, Popeye has been doing damage control on facebook. Seems like a lot of people are well aware of the way he drove and asking about what happened there.

I do think it is looking for trouble to let a student loose in a modified car with that much power. But that is just my humble opinion.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Yeah, Popeye has been doing damage control on facebook. Seems like a lot of people are well aware of the way he drove and asking about what happened there.

I do think it is looking for trouble to let a student loose in a modified car with that much power. But that is just my humble opinion.

Yeah, he definitely wasn't driving 80, 80 is anyway to fast for that road, that spot has had a shitload of accidents already.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yeah, he definitely wasn't driving 80, 80 is anyway to fast for that road, that spot has had a shitload of accidents already.
Back in 2005 it used to be 60. But I am not pointing fingers since I have gone way too fast on that road as well. Haven't caught fire yet, I think my Alfa based gearbox will give up the ghost before my car catches fire. :unsure:

Craig_

Honorary Master
Back in 2005 it used to be 60. But I am not pointing fingers since I have gone way too fast on that road as well. Haven't caught fire yet, I think my Alfa based gearbox will give up the ghost before my car catches fire. :unsure:

That exit is fxk off dangerous there, and turning in by us I've many times had cars almost drive into me there. They should make it 60 again.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I think in all likeliness, once they are done building all those traffic lights on R310/Adam Tas on the other side of town they will add some on that spot too.

Craig_

Honorary Master
I think in all likeliness, once they are done building all those traffic lights on R310/Adam Tas on the other side of town they will add some on that spot too.

Let's hope so, few things scares you as much as a car turning in in front of you with a truck barreling down on you at 80km/h, and yip, this has happened many times before to collegues of mine right there.

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

WATCH: You have to CY this ‘wheel’ to believe it – only in South Africa - capetownetc​

Screen-Shot-2021-12-09-at-19.34.43-1024x666.png

1639140718961.png

“Only in South Africa” — a phrase muttered oh so often by locals and tourists alike. We really are a one-of-a-kind nation, and a recent video circulating on social media is giving the saying that much more oomph.

The clip originally seen on TikTok, which was then removed by the platform, has now made its way onto Twitter, and you have to CY it to believe it.

South Africa is renowned for its…unique transport. But even we have to admit, a car sporting an old trolley as a wheel is something we’ve never seen before.

This white Opel Corsa sedan was spotted driving in Cape Town — confirmed by its CY number plate. CY is the registration for Bellville.

( Link to video on Twitter )

It’s important to note that not only is this illegal, but is extremely irresponsible and dangerous for both the driver, passengers and fellow road-users.

Stokstert

Executive Member

WATCH: You have to CY this ‘wheel’ to believe it – only in South Africa - capetownetc​

View attachment 1210528

“Only in South Africa” — a phrase muttered oh so often by locals and tourists alike. We really are a one-of-a-kind nation, and a recent video circulating on social media is giving the saying that much more oomph.

The clip originally seen on TikTok, which was then removed by the platform, has now made its way onto Twitter, and you have to CY it to believe it.

South Africa is renowned for its…unique transport. But even we have to admit, a car sporting an old trolley as a wheel is something we’ve never seen before.

This white Opel Corsa sedan was spotted driving in Cape Town — confirmed by its CY number plate. CY is the registration for Bellville.

It’s important to note that not only is this illegal, but is extremely irresponsible and dangerous for both the driver, passengers and fellow road-users.

A rehash of this one.

Ivan Leon

Executive Member

‘He knows it wasn’t the right thing to do’: Former owner of Corsa with trolley instead of back wheel speaks - Times Live​

A mixture of shock, outrage and incredulity met video footage this week of a Cape Town motorist driving an Opel Corsa with its back right wheel replaced with a flatbed trolley.

The car’s previous owner gave TimesLIVE context to the video, which has been viewed 219,000 times on Twitter.

Read the full news report at the link below:

ShaunyCT

Expert Member

View attachment 1210528

Give him a break... He was on his way to Tiger Wheel and Tyre.