Bad Driving thread

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I went on holiday to Kruger in April, on 6 April between Nelspruit and Malelane I was stuck behind an older black Polo in the part next the the river with the hillsides around us. The road was marked for no overtaking. This POS driver in his grey Mahindra bakkie ( JCN 704 MP ) sat on my ass like a gatvliegie while I waited for an opportunity to overtake the Polo, flashing his head lights at me. I might have been towing a trailer with my Figo but I had no problem with power. The POS overtook us on a section which was still not marked for overtaking and with limited visibility. Just half a minute later one could overtake legally and safely, a bit later caught up the Mahindra driver and spent the next 10 minutes behind him, all driving the legal speed. What a moron.

chromedome

Expert Member
Yesterday morning while driving the R27 between Melkbos and Atlantis I had a twat on a scrambler hogging my rear bumper, I was going to pull into the yellow line to let him past (even though there was no oncoming traffic and he could overtake), when all of a sudden he swerves into the yellow lane and overtakes me on the left, then flips me the finger when I flashed him, I suppose he never realized how close he came to being a bloodstain on the road.

Neuk_

Executive Member
what are we looking at here? who in their right mind would try use that pedestrian crossing?

You'll see in the oncoming lane there is a truck in the left hand lane and at around 18 seconds in to the video a bakkie in the right hand lane when a white SUV changes lanes to over take the slow truck but it doesn't see the bakkie.

No-one in their right mind uses a pedestrian crossing in SA other than maybe in Cape Town :rolleyes:

Brieuse

You'll see in the oncoming lane there is a truck in the left hand lane and at around 18 seconds in to the video a bakkie in the right hand lane when a white SUV changes lanes to over take the slow truck but it doesn't see the bakkie.

No-one in their right mind uses a pedestrian crossing in SA other than maybe in Cape Town :rolleyes:
you know I rewound that at least 8 times, and didn't see the accident lol

namzsteve

Expert Member
Sigh those is honestly becoming too common

I would have thrown a fit my goodness. Speed up, if they slow down I also slow down. Make sure they will regret their decision for the rest of their miserable life!

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
A Day in the Diary of a UK Audi Driver.

1628072861410.png

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road!

I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the Audi lane.

Anyway, once I was in the Audi lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the Audi lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the Audi lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a Audi behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!

He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver’s licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.)

But the man at the police station said that because I drive an Audi it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive an Audi.

Neuk_

Executive Member
A daily occurrence in Johannesburg...

I know I went over the stop line, visibility in our area can be poor but there are a lot of people who cut corners like this...