Bad online passwords: are you guilty?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Use 4 different password according to the type of site (financial, social media, forum ,webmail).

Last edited:

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption
Do you use the same password for all online accounts? Or do you write down your passwords somewhere?

Yes. I use the same password for absolutely everything. I also write it down.
Makes life so much easier.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Depends on the site. If its sensitive data, I give it a unique password. The more sensitive the bigger the password. It is not shared.

For other places I have 5 passwords that I use depending on how likely I think they are to be hacked and how sensitive the information is. Basically if I havent given it a unique password, I dont care if it is hacked. There is really not a lot a person can do to me on the lower security stuff.

I dont use the same password everywhere because I see how everything and the kitchen sink gets hacked.

Totempole

Expert Member
I use really long random passwords for important stuff, but I spend ages memorizing
them because I don't trust any password storing apps.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Why is 1A263B so popular?
This is a global survey, so it may mean something very different in Russian or another language (maybe related to keyboard layout etc).

noxibox

Honorary Master
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with writing your passwords down. Like PIN codes it is where they're written down that can cause a problem.

It's actually some of the common password advice, like telling people to change them regularly that encourages the use of weak passwords.

Lastpass.com ...
But you do have to remember the password for that.