Where'd the apology?
And is Shawn a MyBB member?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Thanks youknow?

Apology at 11 minutes onwards for those interested

K

kingrob

Darren Scott trying to make Shaun Dewberry look like a fool, just made him look like the biggest fool on earth.

And lost a lot of credibility, if not all.

Ouch.

Billy

Expert Member
There is another lesson for Chris and other business owners alike to learn, and that is to take what your lawyers say with a pinch of salt (to some degree). For all we know, and I am speculating here, their lawyers convinced them that there was a legal case to be had here. The lawyer is not able to fully comprehend the impact of legal proceedings within the context of your business though, and legal course of action should be a last resort, if anything.

Lawyers also need to fully comprehend the repercussions of their advice to clients, and imo, rather act as a consultant before publicly going forth with any action. If your advice rules out amicable negotiations, then you'd better be damned sure that you have a legal case before opening your mouth on behalf of your clients, otherwise you can severely damage their reputation. I agree that the legal team were simply fulfilling their mandate, however had they given this a little more thought, they could have helped save a long-term client rather than make a quick buck...

This is so true.

superfly

"I considered packing it in."

Meh. Sounds like a victim attitude to me.

siraman

Expert Member
Anything was better PR than the way in which they handled the matter. One can accept a little stupidity from time to time, so long as the offending party admits it and does something about it. And along the way, endears themselves to the public somewhat. I don't think they were in an un-rescuable situation. They simply dug their own grave every move they made...

Aboslutely true!

entrepr

Expert Member
Darren was so highly respected until this incident, but this interview is simply unprofessional by any yardstick, especially for someone with years of experience. Packing it in is a bit extreme, but maybe advised if you can't be professional on air, under pressure. He set out to humiliate on the air from the outset, but as Shawn held his ground so well he resorted to increasing bullying.

I would have prefered a clearer, more specific and unreserved apology at the outset of the interview.

Last edited:

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I've swapped out the video in the article with the podcast of today's interview with RPM and Shaun.

For your convenience:

[video=youtube_share;yejtnJSEEQ0]http://youtu.be/yejtnJSEEQ0[/video]

MickeyD

RIP
Saw the thread title and thought RPM had teabagged someone! :twisted:

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I have to say... Darren Scott is truly a POS. A turd burger.

I know he apologized, but it isnt enough. His true colours were visible for all to see.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Darren did indeed unreservedly apologize to Shaun on air.

Good for him. Just wish Darren wouldn't shoot from the hip so often.

Errr working? Some of us work for a living ;) Not everyone can spend the whole day on the forum. Thanks

Calls BS. Look at that post count... the stats don't lie! (or do they?) :whistling:

Tee hee! :D

Great to hear an apology from Darren. I think many people underestimate the toll that this sort of issue can have on a business owner.

What really gets my goat in all of this is that many businesses are too afraid to admit to making a mistake or publicly acknowledging getting something wrong, to the detriment of their own staff. Had NetDynamix's response to this issue been more amicable, they certainly could have saved face and probably, a few jobs at the same time. I firmly believe that a good businessman knows when to leave his ego at the door...

NetDynamix did themselves irreparable harm. Lying and deceiving their customers, and I suppose fleecing therm in the process. Agree that if they'd come clean immediately, it could have been a better outcome. Right now they are going to struggle to keep what clients they have.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Darren made a big error by attacking Shaun, but at the end of the day. Well done for his apology, and for not throwing the towel in on the industry. Ill take Ballz Internet Radio off my personal boycott list and give them some support tomorrow.

The title was brilliant btw.

K

kingrob

NetDynamix did themselves irreparable harm. Lying and deceiving their customers, and I suppose fleecing therm in the process. Agree that if they'd come clean immediately, it could have been a better outcome. Right now they are going to struggle to keep what clients they have.

Fully agree.

I think the advertisers & the radio stations might still want to have a word with them in court, cos they committed fraud.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Darren has learnt nothing from the previous episode that virtually cost him his career.Now he apologises for an emotional outburst.
the guy has some serious issues.

Nephew_

... I would have prefered a clearer, more specific and unreserved apology at the outset of the interview.

And bow down... and lick his toes.. and kiss his knee .... and .....
Really?

He did a LOT more than any of us expected. They could have kept hiding away. But he invited MyBB and Shaun right into his studio. He played open cards. After last week he has now accepted the whole issue and not trying to cover up anything. He also realised that he was fooled himself by ND.
I really think given the situation he was in last week, he has done the best to recover his image and his radios'.

Actually if you listen the whole interview, he apologised twice.