Flojo

Expert Member
Well, I don't think ol' Plain Darren had a choice. He had to come clean and try win back some credibility.

I was thinking that exact same thing.

Cause I felt, at the end of the interview, Darren kept on about the investors. That the investors invested in a product with a zero listenership to start off with.

Really felt, almost as if its a reminder to those investors of what they investing, now that the numbers are not as grand as what everyone thought.

One thing I gotta say though. I didnt even know about Ballz before all this, and I enjoyed the type of music, before and after the interview. Way better than 5fm.

Fuma

Executive Member
I watched the video and I thought rpm had this deep voice (like Darren's).

The Door

Honorary Master
How about Ballz and co look into getting their station running on a customized Raspberry Pi right off the boot and get the devices into shops across SA. I'm sure many shops are tired of paying exorbitant license fees to play the other local stations.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
An apology doesn't undo the damage that was done. It's an absolute minumum requirement, but it will take a long time to rebuild the reputation destroyed by the childish reaction. So, he apologised. Why should I now suddenly like him because he apologised? I dislike him because he is the kind of person who did what he did in the first place.

Reminds me of the story of the little kid with temper issues:

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there."

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
What I like about that Darren, RPM and Shaun interview is that Darren now knows Shauns name :D

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Yip. I really don't understand this hatred towards Darren Scott now. He is not the culprit in this situation; he is a victim; he has publicly apologised to Shaun. What more does the guy have to do?

Rather lay the blame squarely where it belongs - with NetDynamix...

Mr Scott and the colleague in question, whom Mr Scott does not want to name for fear of embarrassing him further, met with the human resources manager. Mr Scott apologized to the colleague for his conduct and for the offensive language that he had wrongly used.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/darren-scott-s-side-of-the-story-1.1133606?pageNumber=1

"I unequivocally apologise on behalf of our entire team. I take full responsibility for my outburst at you," said Scott in Monday's interview, in stark contrast to his original hostile interview.

Dewberry accepted the apology on air but later told the Mail & Guardian: "I wasn't looking for an apology. I didn't want it to be a bunfight but I know a lot of people wanted him to apologise. I accept it for what it is."

But Goldstuck said the apology was "too little, too late" given how Dewberry was treated on air. "It was bad media manners, to put it politely."

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-07-03-00-bad-pr-further-damages-online-radio-in-sa-1

Starting to see a pattern here.

raind33r

Expert Member
I agree. He should have bow down to Shaun. Roll over 3 times. Kiss his left toe, then his right toe. Stand up and hug him. I think that would have settled it.

Wow, this is touching.

Nope, he should also cut off an arm and a leg. Sacrifice his first born. Go live among the "untouchables" in India.
Maybe that will appease some people :sick:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I agree. He should have bow down to Shaun. Roll over 3 times. Kiss his left toe, then his right toe. Stand up and hug him. I think that would have settled it.

Wow, this is touching.

Whatever. Go kiss Darren's ballz if you want to. He has a pattern of stupid behaviour, I don't have to like him, no matter what he does to apologise.

Reaver.ZA

...One thing I gotta say though. I didnt even know about Ballz before all this, and I enjoyed the type of music, before and after the interview. Way better than 5fm.

This. I also never heard of them before this debacle. Will check them and the other online stations out from now on. Maybe they should be looking at bigger marketing budgets.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
[video=youtube;IO0O6x63UDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0O6x63UDU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
"Everyone who does not listen to our radio station, leave the room now"

*shuffleshuffleshuffle*

Nephew_

Klomp smartvarke. Hou nie van iemand nie maar ons volg elke beweging.:eek: