DJ...

Banned
Yip. I really don't understand this hatred towards Darren Scott now. He is not the culprit in this situation; he is a victim; he has publicly apologised to Shaun. What more does the guy have to do?

Rather lay the blame squarely where it belongs - with NetDynamix...

MickeyD

RIP
Yip. I really don't understand this hatred towards Darren Scott now. He is not the culprit in this situation; he is a victim; he has publicly apologised to Shaun. What more does the guy have to do?

This^

marine1

Honorary Master

Agreed.

K

kingrob

He did a LOT more than any of us expected. They could have kept hiding away. But he invited MyBB and Shaun right into his studio. He played open cards. After last week he has now accepted the whole issue and not trying to cover up anything. He also realised that he was fooled himself by ND.
I really think given the situation he was in last week, he has done the best to recover his image and his radios'.

Well, I don't think ol' Plain Darren had a choice. He had to come clean and try win back some credibility.

K

kingrob

It was clear on the YouTube video that he was on a crusade to try and belittle Shaun Dewberry.

Professional people don't do that, especially not if you don't understand what you're talking about.

DJ...

Banned
It was clear on the YouTube video that he was on a crusade to try and belittle Shaun Dewberry.

Professional people don't do that, especially not if you don't understand what you're talking about.

You'll probably find NetDynamix convinced him everyone else was just talking schit. 702 put their foot in their collective mouths like this all of the time. Carte Blanche, too. But when they apologise publicly and unreservedly, on their own radio show, I tend not to let my hatred for them mar the significance of the actual story. That's just me though...

Dolby

Honorary Master
How did MyBB get involved?
Shaun is a member - right?

marine1

Honorary Master
One thing I learn time and time again, get your facts 100% correct before you make someone else look like a moron, unfortunately I seem to forget this rule here on mybb :D

K

kingrob

One thing I learn time and time again, get your facts 100% correct before you make someone else look like a moron, unfortunately I seem to forget this rule here on mybb :D

But....but....this is our home? We're allowed to do stupid things and throw tantrums here. ;)

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

How about, you know, doing some investigation himself, and listening to both sides of the story before attacking Shaun? And actually arranging an interview with Shaun instead of deliberately trying to catch him off guard?

He is not the culprit, but he just showed what a poor radio host he is.

DJ...

Banned
And he has apologised for that. What more do you want him to do? Sacrifice his first-born, or were his actions simply unforgivable?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
And he has apologised for that. What more do you want him to do? Sacrifice his first-born, or were his actions simply unforgivable?

The problem is that his actions showed such deep character flaws that any apology is kinda unnecessary and wholly fake. A pig cant apologize for being a pig, it doesnt know how to be anything else. Darren Scott was basically apologizing for being Darren Scott, but because he cant be anyone other than Darren Scott, guaranteed in a few months something similar to this, or his last racist outburst, will happen again. Its just how he is.

Mars

Honorary Master
How about, you know, doing some investigation himself, and listening to both sides of the story before attacking Shaun? And actually arranging an interview with Shaun instead of deliberately trying to catch him off guard?

He is not the culprit, but he just showed what a poor radio host he is.

Well reading shauns blog he also went all out on attack. Maybe he had his reasons, but what did he expect? He wanted an emotional response or he would not have used terms like "bull****".
There are plenty of other ways he could have gone about it, he chose the one that would give him and his venture the most exposure.

j4ck455

Executive Member
This is like one of those fairy tales with the all important happy ending and vanquishing of the monster (NetDynamix / Chris Grunt), the moral of the story would be to tell the truth and not get a lawyer to throw stones from inside your glass house. I do so like to mangle metaphors.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Well reading shauns blog he also went all out on attack. Maybe he had his reasons, but what did he expect? He wanted an emotional response or he would not have used terms like "bull****".
There are plenty of other ways he could have gone about it, he chose the one that would give him and his venture the most exposure.

So? Was he accusing the two radio stations of anything? No, he wasnt, he was accusing NetDynamix, and he turned out to be 100% completely right.

He didnt personally attack Darren, he didnt attack the radio stations. Yet somehow Darren takes it upon himself to embarrass him on air like that. For what? And then you come here and defend him?

Besides, Darren is supposed to be a professional. Can you imagine Letterman inviting someone onto his show and then slating them with nothing to back up his statements? And being rude and interrupting them?

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert

:D Soos hulle in Afrikaans se^: "Selferkening is die eerste stap tot beterskap"