Bank Zero launch delayed until next year

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bank Zero launch delayed until next year

The public launch of Bank Zero has been delayed until next year, according to CEO Yatin Narsai.

Bank Zero has been in beta testing since March, and its initial launch date was set for the second half of 2019.

mr_norris

Expert Member
They are giving the new competition one hell of a head start. I am interested to see what their interest rates will be on their savings.

lowriderza

Expert Member
A pity really. I was hoping for a cheaper business account. It's basically a race between them and Capitec for my business

Swa

Honorary Master
They're doing things properly. Unlike Tymebank that tried to get a head start and only ended up damaging their reputation from day one.

lotus123

A pity really. I was hoping for a cheaper business account. It's basically a race between them and Capitec for my business
I'm guessing you mean to use a Capitec personal account for your business needs?

AFAIK Capitec's Business Bank (Mercantile Bank) hasn't fired up in the new guise yet.

lowriderza

Expert Member
I'm guessing you mean to use a Capitec personal account for your business needs?

AFAIK Capitec's Business Bank (Mercantile Bank) hasn't fired up in the new guise yet.
Technically I can use the normal personal account for my business it just looks rubbish to suppliers and clients. And yes I'm waiting for them to utilize their mercantile bank acquisition. They did indicated there will be a low fee product forthcoming.

mister

Executive Member
Business customers will enjoy seamless integration with Xero accounting software.
Me: Hi is this 0?
Call Center: Yes this is Zero
Me: I'm trying to print last month's financial report but Xero won't let me login. Is the system offline?
Call Center: Huh?

lowriderza

Expert Member
Me: Hi is this 0?
Call Center: Yes this is Zero
Me: I'm trying to print last month's financial report but Xero won't let me login. Is the system offline?
Call Center: Huh?
Well spotted. I'm most probably not going to use Xero of I use Zero. FNB's Instant Accounting ended up being down a real disappointment mainly due to the constant downtime.

BBSA

Honorary Master
website yet??

Eric

Honorary Master
Do they even Blockchain bru?

mister

Executive Member
Well spotted. I'm most probably not going to use Xero of I use Zero. FNB's Instant Accounting ended up being down a real disappointment mainly due to the constant downtime.
I actually use Xero! It works great, never had any downtime, but it's expensive.

If Zero convinced Xero to give us 0 fees it would be great :ROFL:

Happy Days

Sounds good - until they also decide that they don't need a website (like that other idiots).

lowriderza

Expert Member
I actually use Xero! It works great, never had any downtime, but it's expensive.

If Zero convinced Xero to give us 0 fees it would be great :ROFL:
My accountant gives me the hairy eyeball if I mention using anything but Quickbooks or Pastel.

mister

Executive Member
My accountant gives me the hairy eyeball if I mention using anything but Quickbooks or Pastel.
My accounting firm exclusively uses Xero.... never had to meet them in person, or transfer any accounting documents to them.

lowriderza

Expert Member
My accounting firm exclusively uses Xero.... never had to meet them in person, or transfer any accounting documents to them.
Interesting! Where are they based? I don't want to move accounting firms it's just good to have knowledge like this at hand as my main job is consulting.