Belhar Fiber

RPOTGIETER_007

Is there a site/place where one can check if your area is on the fiber to do list. I cant wait any longer. Currently paying alot for wifi for not so good service. Just recently cancelled my Rain sim. Thats even worse

CrypticZA

Expert Member
You can go to any of the fibre network operators websites and plug in your address and it will say "planned" or a few other options. Most of them if it says nothing you will need to get people around where you stay to click an "i am interested" button and fill in a form

RPOTGIETER_007

You can go to any of the fibre network operators websites and plug in your address and it will say "planned" or a few other options. Most of them if it says nothing you will need to get people around where you stay to click an "i am interested" button and fill in a formive doing that for a while
Ive been doing that. Just thought there were an easier way

mathebus

Is there a site/place where one can check if your area is on the fiber to do list. I cant wait any longer. Currently paying alot for wifi for not so good service. Just recently cancelled my Rain sim. Thats even worse
Double check on Vuma-reach. They took away the highlights of coming soon on their map so just punch in your address as I remember Belhar was covered. It will say that they're coming soon.

Big Rat

The bribes and protection money the digging companies have to pay the gangsters are out of this world. Cost benefits and safety vs rewards.

RPOTGIETER_007

I guess ill hav to wait and see. MPlain fiber is moving
The bribes and protection money the digging companies have to pay the gangsters are out of this world. Cost benefits and safety vs rewards.
Its sad yes. Our electricity supply was damaged and had to wait for 2 days. Cause the guys were concerned for their safety

Chaoticelf

We received notification letters from vuma reach to start with trenching in Belhar just before lockdown happened. Now municipality is saying vuma reach has to apply for new wayleaves and permits in order to start trenching. I got the information off the FB page Fibre for Belhar

mathebus

We received notification letters from vuma reach to start with trenching in Belhar just before lockdown happened. Now municipality is saying vuma reach has to apply for new wayleaves and permits in order to start trenching. I got the information off the FB page Fibre for Belhar
Municipalities making life difficult once again ! :mad::mad::mad:

RPOTGIETER_007

At least we moving up on the list. And not right at the bottom. Wifi connectiin too expensive and not on par with fiber

RPOTGIETER_007

Any feedback yet. They were busy with roadworks for a few months now. I thought that was part of the whole fiber rollout.

Lostboy

I'm in Belhar, using Rain 5g uncapped, depending where you are you should have coverage, old Belhar doesn't have coverage from the looks of things. Mostly the extension areas from the Rain coverage map.

It's an alternative till fibre becomes a reality in Belhar.

RPOTGIETER_007

I'm in Belhar, using Rain 5g uncapped, depending where you are you should have coverage, old Belhar doesn't have coverage from the looks of things. Mostly the extension areas from the Rain coverage map.

Whats the quality like. I was on unlimited 4G for a while. To be honest the best i got was like 350kps. Average was less than 150kps. Im in extension.

Dretastic06

what speeds you getting with rain?

Lostboy

I'm on the R699 deal which caps it at 30mbs , closest tower to me about less than 1km, sometimes if I do a speed test I get I'm excess of 200mb, again remember this is all subject to tower congestion, I don't think many people in Belhar has taken up 5g as yet so it's fine for now.

RPOTGIETER_007

I'm on the R699 deal which caps it at 30mbs , closest tower to me about less than 1km, sometimes if I do a speed test I get I'm excess of 200mb, again remember this is all subject to tower congestion, I don't think many people in Belhar has taken up 5g as yet so it's fine for now.
Do you know where raind tower is in belhar

Lostboy

The one closest to me is in St Vincent drive in self-help (the road with the clinic on the corner), there maybe more , go to the site and check with your address.