Best ADSL Upload speed in SA?

Justaskin

Hi guys,

First post ever so hope im in the right place and secondly im not super clued up on lingo so take it easy.

Just got a quick one, who is the best ISP in SA in terms of the fastest consistant upload speed? across the board would be great but for arguments sake just say a 4 mbps line. Is it possible to get a speed of 3mbps+ upload on an any ADSL line?

Hope you can help
Thanks

pezulu

Expert Member
I am no boffin on this, but until someone smarter comes on to give you a better reply....

As far as I am aware, upload speeds are basically kept to around 0.85 Mbps, irrespective of your download speed.
Not sure why this is.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Best way to get faster uploads is LTE or 3G... Forget DSL.

Get a Huawei Router + Outdoor Antenna and it should be just as reliable as DSL.....

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
yes 40mps vdsl upload speed is 3mps.

so yes you can get it , 2% of country has vdsl :p

ld13

Honorary Master
Just got a quick one, who is the best ISP in SA in terms of the fastest consistent upload speed? across the board would be great but for arguments sake just say a 4 mbps line.
There would be quite a few factors that would affect the answer...
What do you want to upload?
Where do you want to upload it to? International/Local?
... and even then it is a difficult one to answer as people barely worry about upload speeds.

The max you can get on ADSL afaik is 640kbps UP sync rate profile on some lines. Not 100% sure on that lil fact.

I'd rather direct you to some upload stats for the whole of SA: http://www.netindex.com/upload/2,46/South-Africa/
Scrolling down you will see the 'fastest' ISPs ... but this of course ignores the access medium used (ADSL/VDSL/etc) and location.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi guys,

First post ever so hope im in the right place and secondly im not super clued up on lingo so take it easy.

Just got a quick one, who is the best ISP in SA in terms of the fastest consistant upload speed? across the board would be great but for arguments sake just say a 4 mbps line. Is it possible to get a speed of 3mbps+ upload on an any ADSL line?

Hope you can help
Thanks
4Meg line gives you 512k upload. Doesn't matter what ISP you use.

If you want higher upload you need something else. Maybe Amobia or NeoFibre.

grim

Expert Member
Is that on the 10mbps lines?
That's the maximum any ADSL2+ line will do on upload, unless it's running annex M which will go up to 3Mbps. Doubt Telkom will ever upgrade their ADSL network to support it though.

They are focusing on rolling VDSL out which as previously stated will do 3Mbps up.

lukewd

Any idea which ISP offers the best upload performance on ADSL?

I tried openweb gold, and the upload speed was terrible (the download speed was very good though)...

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Any idea which ISP offers the best upload performance on ADSL?

I tried openweb gold, and the upload speed was terrible (the download speed was very good though)...
Tbh there is very little difference between upload speeds in my experience. My OpenWeb upload speeds are the same as my Afrihost, Cybersmart and Telkom upload speeds.

What are your line stats? I doubt very much your ISP account is at fault.