Best Java Book

Weso_P

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking for your opinion on the best book to learn Java in 2020. Ive read that Head First is great but it seems a bit outdated?

Thank you!

W

callvm

Also take a look at this course, its online, completely free and highly-acclaimed in the Java community:

DrearyPitt

One of the best java books out there is Java All In One For Dummies. Highly recommended and reviewed by others too. It's a cross between a beginner's guide and a reference but I think it's the easiest way you'll become an intermediate java dev.

Arandompeer

Hackerrank got a 30 days of code. It has a half hour tutorial and a small problem to solve with a few test cases. I'm doing it just to revise because I've been coding in JavaScript for a while(oh sweet types).
You can use any language for the solution. I'm doing it in Microsoft Java.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Hackerrank got a 30 days of code. It has a half hour tutorial and a small problem to solve with a few test cases. I'm doing it just to revise because I've been coding in JavaScript for a while(oh sweet types).
You can use any language for the solution. I'm doing it in Microsoft Java.
what is microsoft java?

adidas

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking for your opinion on the best book to learn Java in 2020. Ive read that Head First is great but it seems a bit outdated?

Thank you!

W
when I started out with Java 1 in what feels like a previous lifetime, I found Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java" really helpful. It will obviously be totally outdated by now, so probably not a good read in 2020..