Best VPN for Windows and Android

KinsZA

Expert Member
For your phone you can use cloudflare's warp vpn which is free.
I did speed tests on LTE, no vpn was 4mbit, warp vpn free tier was 22mbit and the warp+ pay tier option at R29 a month maxed me out at 50mbit.

It's purely for security purposes not making you anonymous like the other providers.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
For your phone you can use cloudflare's warp vpn which is free.
I did speed tests on LTE, no vpn was 4mbit, warp vpn free tier was 22mbit and the warp+ pay tier option at R29 a month maxed me out at 50mbit.

It's purely for security purposes not making you anonymous like the other providers.

I paid for Warp+ to try it out and I've already cancelled. It's pretty good when it works, but it happens very frequently that plenty of stuff can't load at all whilst using Warp. Especially US-based websites. I get unresponsive errors in my browser until turning off the 1.1.1.1 app and using either nothing or Windscribe.

Windscribe is basically the same price but with snazzy apps for every platform and privacy features. So I recommend it much more. The only weird thing I've found with Windscribe is that the Chrome extension I'm using in the new Edge browser achieves full line speed, and the desktop app only up to half that.

It's obviously some sort of config issue but I can't be bothered to sort it out. It's convenient using it that way anyway as Outlook refuses to work properly whilst on a VPN.