Best Web Application Structure c# backend

Rexxar

Hi all,

I just want to start by giving a little info about what I am used to - C# Web API (there is no entity framework), with a CRUD proc for every table, combined with AngularJS frontend (since this is what I use for my work).

I need to build a web app on the side, so I was just wondering if there are better ways out there that are maybe more popular or advisable.

I know the inputs may become very opinionated, so please state why your method may be better than my company's,
but any input is welcome, thanks :)

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Go Java and Spring for something different. The jump from C# and ASP.NET Web API won't be too big. It will also make you more marketable and open your mind to other technology platforms (and IDE's). You can still use Angular for it as well.

I used to be (and still am) a huge .NET disciple (built my own MVC-like framework and ORM tool that my staff use), but doing Java at a large corporate client for the past year has been a nice change of pace. I can now comfortably decide which is better for what application without resolving to fanboyish arguments.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Market relevancy has a big part to play. Is there REALLY a nodejs market in ZA. FO's suggestion of Spring MVC seems more realistic. Hell I would kill for knowledgeable Java/spring developers.

Actually please pm me if you know what you are doing, and are looking for a new job.

Last edited:

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Market relevancy has a big part to play. Is there REALLY a nodejs market in ZA. FO's suggestion of Spring MVC seems more realistic. Hell I would kill for knowledgeable Java/spring developers.

Actually please pm me if you know what you are doing, and are looking for a new job.

Haha, just don't poach my staff or we'll have a huge problem. Have you considered insourcing a team of these knowledgeable Java/Spring developers? ;)