Better browsing from Microsoft

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
IE7 was an "I have to upgrade for the sake of security and the odd sites that don't render in a real browser"...
What's the bet IE8 is the same!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Microsoft has a Web Browser? :confused:

Really, what's it called? :rolleyes:

and more importantly....

who in their right frame of %#&$ mind would ever want to use it? :mad:

Moederloos

Honorary Master
"Better browsing"?

A cleft stick hurled at my head from a great height would be "better" than IE.

ads

I guess there's no chance of IE8 competing for the world download record with Firefox 3... so I suppose MS will just have to bundle it with some or other obligatory upgrade, and then stop supporting all previous versions just to make sure.

keng

firefox

M$ come out with an update once a year and have x number of developers assigned to each upgrade.
FF has regular updates and has thousands of times the number of developers.

IE should only be used when accessing Microsoft.com

IE is reactionary whilst FF is proactive.

Also love all the plug-ins and extensions available under ff

I won't even bother to look at IE8, total waste of time

Dean

Expert Member
Why not?

From what the article says, it actually looks as if they know what they're doing with this one, and they are finally attempting to address the main issues with the previous versions.

Further than that, they're looking at a problem with FF (tab-browser crashing) and attempting to improve on it, so I say good luck to them.

The real test will be to see if they actually implement these fixes properly, but hey... the only way to see that is to try it for ourselves.

Looks like they're finally coming to their senses, and if they put their money where their mouth is, it could be a great browser.

Why not give it that chance?

Oh, and I don't work for Microsoft. I actually have no idea why I just wrote this post. I somehow felt some sympathy for them after reading the forum... bizarre :eek:

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Why not give it that chance?
Considering the only reason they even "care" about you right now is they are getting their asses kicked in the browser market is sad.
Who would want to support that?

gregmcc

Honorary Master
IE8 will be a wonderful success.....just like Vista!

ROTFL

Origin248

Considering the only reason they even "care" about you right now is they are getting their asses kicked in the browser market is sad.
Who would want to support that?
HAHA, I agree but still if they come up with a better product (and really they have come up with good products thus far) I would switch faster than anyone else. I mean, I've used FF since version 1, but that is because IE sucks. But if IE becomes the standard again...really why not.

general_koffi

Expert Member
I can't see IE8 being better than Opera or Firefox, somehow.

Any new features it might incorporate that FF doesn't have... Well, there'll just be an add-on the next day.

charles's birthday card

While I've no personal interest in using Vista, I do wish it had been more widely adopted so that IE6 would die its long overdue death and I wouldn't have to spend so much time hacking html and css for that piece of **** browser.

Jigsaw

Internet explorer

As long as we can add stumbleupon toolbar without it crashing i am anticipating using IE8. Firefox is great but there are a few browser issues i expierienced when using stumbleupon toolbar. There is also alot of add ons that are not compatible with Firefox eg: Realplayer.

on IE i can download youtube videos using the the realplayer add on but with firefox 3 it is not compatible and i have to use the youtube downloader to download the video.

i am eagerly anticipating the final release of IE8;););)

Last edited: