Beware WeChat Wallet payments

Congratulations, you have successfully proved... Nothing.

Unless you can replicate(or have other reports of this) then it's hardly article worthy. This is akin to the people who post Facebook rants about bank approval SMS's but the vendor says the transaction was declined, it happens, it will be reversed.

maumau

Honorary Master
Canceled? Is that Americanese?

Attachments

• WeChat.jpg
    WeChat.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 537

initroot

I'm seriously getting fed up with the quality of articles these days.
Fails spectacular yet, you've done only one test.

FFS

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
We purchased an iPad Air at a big discount and the WeChat Wallet screen indicated the transaction was successful.

However, shortly afterwards a message from Incredible Connection popped up, saying the transaction failed.

The WeChat Wallet transaction history also showed “Purchase from Incredible Connection – Payment Cancelled”.

I want to add that something similarly has happened to me using the WeChat Wallet.

Congratulations, you have successfully proved... Nothing.

Unless you can replicate(or have other reports of this) then it's hardly article worthy. This is akin to the people who post Facebook rants about bank approval SMS's but the vendor says the transaction was declined, it happens, it will be reversed.
+10

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

FFS

I have to agree with MyBroadband, when a transaction goes wrong like this and the onus is put on the buyer it a nothing other than a spectacular FAIL, and tragic customer service I may add.

maumau

Honorary Master

FFS

I disagree. Even with one failure people should know about it, they could lose money.

Joker

Expert Member
They just need to start a promotion run on mybb to get 20 articles in a week about how incredibly great they are - problem solved?

grok

Honorary Master
Did they give it some time? My wechat order took about 3 days before showing on the retailer (IC) site.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Incredible Connection said “sometimes where a product purchase reflects as successful on the WeChat Wallet, it doesn’t reflect on the Incredible Connection back-end”.

This means it is not a single case.

Do you have information to suggest that this is not a regular problem? If not, should users not be informed about this problem?

maxum

They just need to start a promotion run on mybb to get 20 articles in a week about how incredibly great they are - problem solved?

True, mybroadband doesnt give a toss about people getting swindled, as long as the swindlers advertise with them.

Made a similar comment, comment got deleted.

Incredible Connection said “sometimes where a product purchase reflects as successful on the WeChat Wallet, it doesn’t reflect on the Incredible Connection back-end”.

This means it is not a single case.

Do you have information to suggest that this is not a regular problem? If not, should users not be informed about this problem?

Do you have any data to prove that it is? Except a call centre employee at Incredible Connection...

How an article is supposed to work:

1. My payment seems to have failed let me contact those involved and get statements.
2. IC has stated that there may be an issue, this deserves a closer looking into, let me do some research.
3. Hi WeChat we have got documented caseS of X(where X>1) of peoples payments failing, care to comment?
4. Oh there is a problem with back end integration, how do you respond to these instances.
5. So the charges are just reversed like the phantom debit situation that happens 1000's of times a day at all major retailers. Well that's not really much of a story...

OR

So you let the customers hang in the loop with your heads up your asses, well sir I'm taking your scummy tactics to press....

Not

1. My payment seems to have failed let me contact those involved and get statements.

EMARGERHD WeChat is sooooooo lame, teh monay is loooooost, I mean realzies, such a MASSIVE fail, you won't believe what happens next!

maxum

Do you have any data to prove that it is? Except a call centre employee at Incredible Connection...

How an article is supposed to work:

2. IC has stated that there may be an issue, this deserves a closer looking into, let me do some research.
3. Hi WeChat we have got documented caseS of X(where X>1) of peoples payments failing, care to comment?
4. Oh there is a problem with back end integration, how do you respond to these instances.
5. So the charges are just reversed like the phantom debit situation that happens 1000's of times a day at all major retailers. Well that's not really much of a story...

OR

So you let the customers hang in the loop with your heads up your asses, well sir I'm taking your scummy tactics to press....

Not

EMARGERHD WeChat is sooooooo lame, teh monay is loooooost, I mean realzies, such a MASSIVE fail, you won't believe what happens next!

Rekt.