Biggest salaries in SA tech

FaSMaN

Expert Member
I fully understand that there CEOs of huge corporate businesses, but every time I see those sort of figures I get this awful feeling in the pit of my stomich, how many other well trained employees can you hire for that amount, how many small businesses or charities could benefit from a percentage of that, and most importantly am I paying too much to those companies, can't that huge sum of money be used to bring prices down for the consumers?

I would love to just sit down and talk, about life to some one that earns 48Mil a year.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
For every MB you buy from Vodacom at R2, R1,20 goes to Shameel Joosub :D

marine1

Honorary Master
Insane, MTN what is it like R48 mill??? I mean come on thats just insane.

Blue Label boys have done well. Very sharp guys
These guys all talk in telephone numbers

damian24

For every MB you buy from Vodacom at R2, R1,20 goes to Shameel Joosub :D

not the most scientific, but...

Voda CEO get 1 5832nd of the recorded revenue.

if we apply this ratio to the average contract spend of R389/month, then you pay around 80c of his salary per year.

D

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
how many other well trained employees can you hire for that amount, how many small businesses or charities could benefit from a percentage of that

I was in JHB last month, for a whole month. What I learned was that it's every man for himself. We living in a society where it's professionally (career wise) do or die and you have to do what you have to for your own family.

Looking at these figures makes the youth think of: f#ck it, I'm moving to JHB, or I am going to take risks so that I can get this money.

Electric

Honorary Master
WTF??
And they're going after mine bosses?
That's serious **** right there.
Sifiso Dabengwa should be shot in the street along with the rest of the folks on that list.

Sitting in their palaces while the poor battle for bread money.

Electric

Honorary Master
I was in JHB last month, for a whole month. What I learned was that it's every man for himself. We living in a society where it's professionally (career wise) do or die and you have to do what you have to for your own family.

Looking at these figures makes the youth think of: f#ck it, I'm moving to JHB, or I am going to take risks so that I can get this money.

These's CEOs can't go to sleep happy at night or they're a terrible bunch of psychopaths.

JStrike

Honorary Master

What does JHB have to do with it??

marine1

Honorary Master
These's CEOs can't go to sleep happy at night or they're a terrible bunch of psychopaths.
They sleep just fine trust me. Majority of these guys in top positions have the moral fiber of a brick.
I do know that Blue Label group are very charitable.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master

Dude, that is what people tell themselves to feel better about their own salaries.

It's the same as saying "aaah I don't want to be a millionaire because it is a lot of work, I might lose some sleep."

That salary makes up for that loss of sleep, and secondly, people with that money can hire managers below them to deal with all that.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
What does JHB have to do with it??

Nothing really, but us young and not yet established Capies seem to think that the only way to get that paper and career growth is to move to JHB as there are many opportunities.

Last edited:

Skerminkel

Expert Member
O you bunch of bleeding hearts!
Business, if you don't know yet, works like this: the shareholders decide how and where to invest their money to get the best return. If they think it is a good investment to buy Mr/Ms X's time at R50 million a year to give them a better return, so be it. Same goes for investing in property, other business or new computers. It either means that he is worth it and will make them more money than Mr Y at R20 million, or they lose their money and he will be fired next year.
Tip (to self, as well): People earning that kind of money don't waste their time on internet forums.

Last edited:

Electric

Honorary Master
O you bunch of bleeding hearts!
Business, if you don't know yet, works like this: the shareholders decide how and where to invest their money to get the best return. If they think it is a good investment to buy Mr/Ms X's time at R50 million a year to give them a better return, so be it. Same goes for investing in property, other business or new computers. It either means that he is worth it and will make them more money than Mr Y at R20 million, or they lose their money and he will be fired next year.
Tip (to self, as well): People earning that kind of money don't waste their time on internet forums.

You told us.