Binge Drinking! ~ Moose Calls Time!

CB40

Not preaching to anyone but to each his own.
Binge drinking is a very dangerous thing especially if you can't remember what happened the night before "blackouts"
I speak from experience and stopped about 20 years ago.
Blackouts can lead to brain seizures and I saw what it does to people.
They can become "vegetables" and have to be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives.
It is really not a pleasant sight to see people that it has happened to.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Is binge drinker a PC term for alcoholic? Which is the nicer drunk to have around?

They're different.

An alcoholic is alcohol dependent. Their daily lives revolve around consuming alcohol. Its a craving, an addiction, that needs to be satisfied. This is a person that needs to drink the moment they wake up.

A binge drinker is someone that isn't alcohol dependent and can go long periods without touching alcohol, but when they do drink they consume an excessive amount in a very short space of time. This is the person that won't touch alcohol Monday - Friday, could possibly go weeks without drinking, but you'll find them getting destroyed on a Saturday night.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Blackouts can lead to brain seizures and I saw what it does to people.
They can become "vegetables" and have to be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives.
It is really not a pleasant sight to see people that it has happened to.
Yesh, but they don't care.:p

Sirus_the_virus

Doing this end of month. 20 years of binge drinking. Its going to be different though. And going to be a tough one. Even thought, hey maybe I should drink less. I tried that, didn't last for too long and there I was binge drinking. I used to do it twice a weekend. Friday 1 tray and Saturday morning recover and start at around 3-4pm with another tray. That tray wasn't for sharing. I even changed beers when I saw I finished a tray (24) black labels alone a couple of times.

Good luck bud!

Jings

Treasure Maker
They're different.

An alcoholic is alcohol dependent. Their daily lives revolve around consuming alcohol. Its a craving, an addiction, that needs to be satisfied. This is a person that needs to drink the moment they wake up.

A binge drinker is someone that isn't alcohol dependent and can go long periods without touching alcohol, but when they do drink they consume an excessive amount in a very short space of time. This is the person that won't touch alcohol Monday - Friday, could possibly go weeks without drinking, but you'll find them getting destroyed on a Saturday night.

People who drink on weekends can be alcoholics too. If you tell yourself you don't want to or not going to, but do it anyway means drinking is out of your control. When you think about drinking when you're not drinking then you also have a problem.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
People who drink on weekends can be alcoholics too. If you tell yourself you don't want to or not going to, but do it anyway means drinking is out of your control. When you think about drinking when you're not drinking then you also have a problem.
Basically, if you can’t stop, then it is an addiction. And as it is about alcohol........

Step 1 of AA is?

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Devil's Peak Zero to Hero is good. It's an IPA style very low ABV beer. Heineken Zero is also not bad at all.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Basically, if you can’t stop, then it is an addiction. And as it is about alcohol........

Step 1 of AA is?
Which, incidentally is the only step that talks about alcohol. To successfully recover in AA you need to realise that the bottle is merely a symptom.