Bitco home wireless internet

Crumbl0x

2 days ago, installation was supposed to happen but apparently something was wrong with my order application and had to fix it. Sent a new one on that day and I recieved a welcome pamphlet with all sorts of information. Fast forward today, the bitco guys just came around 10 minutes ago and are busy with installation :D
Excellent! I don't think they'll come by me today as it's near the weekend and I haven't received a heads up email from the team in charge of that yet so next week it is :D

HunterNW

Honorary Master
@HunterNW I'm curious to know. How is the internet when there's bad weather like rain or something?
Haven't had bad weather since this Bitco was installed, but had wireless previously - Didn't make a difference. Wasn't like with DSTV when it rains your signal fcks out.

tm458

That's sick.
Got an email 2h ago from my project manager saying that everything is good and that she's just waiting on an ETA for the router then she'll tell me when the technicians will come to install.
I have to wait, AGAIN :confused:

Dretastic06

That's sick.
Got an email 2h ago from my project manager saying that everything is good and that she's just waiting on an ETA for the router then she'll tell me when the technicians will come to install.
I have to wait, AGAIN :confused:
I had email on friday last saying my order has been placed and with the project team who needs to arrange installation. With my luck my 6mpbs WISP is giving me issues suddenly.

VandaL

So this thread makes me very hopeful. My current wisp(airband connect) is annoying me with multiple disconnects per day for months now(in warzone it makes u want to punch a baby) , while they are trying to troubleshoot and support response is rather excellent. The process is taking faaar too long so I'm forced to look for a new provider.

Came across this bitco deal which is double my current speed for R250 less per month. I am curious what their fup for downloads is as currently I don't get any sort of throttle/shaping up to 5TB per month(only do 1tb).

Crumbl0x

My survey is done today, but results may not be hopeful depending on how the data is interpreted. Now some more waiting, but the support and team have been above and beyond excellent so far, I wouldn't even be mad if they can't fulfil the order at this point.

VandaL

My survey is done today, but results may not be hopeful depending on how the data is interpreted. Now some more waiting, but the support and team have been above and beyond excellent so far, I wouldn't even be mad if they can't fulfil the order at this point.
I'm at the very top of a hill so I have little doubt they won't get a clean line of site. My current Wisp antenna shows a potential link speed of 80mbit and I'm about 5KM away.

Dretastic06

So this thread makes me very hopeful. My current wisp(airband connect) is annoying me with multiple disconnects per day for months now(in warzone it makes u want to punch a baby) , while they are trying to troubleshoot and support response is rather excellent. The process is taking faaar too long so I'm forced to look for a new provider.

Came across this bitco deal which is double my current speed for R250 less per month. I am curious what their fup for downloads is as currently I don't get any sort of throttle/shaping up to 5TB per month(only do 1tb).
they not to clear with the FUP

VandaL

Yeah the lady I spoke to basically said their Fup is more for illegal downloads and activity. She said she would check with their tech guys for actual figures but did say they aren't too phased with usage in terms download amount

They are a tier 1 isp and not a reseller so I'm not very concerned with FUP.

Crumbl0x

Their FUP is basically like rain's in which it's just to cover for legalities and not detrimenting the entire service for everyone with illicit actions so I can imagine they're lenient otherwise.

Dretastic06

Yeah the lady I spoke to basically said their Fup is more for illegal downloads and activity. She said she would check with their tech guys for actual figures but did say they aren't too phased with usage in terms download amount

They are a tier 1 isp and not a reseller so I'm not very concerned with FUP.
ok thats good when my WISP was at 15mbps max i could do with streaming and downloading updates was around 700GBs

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Definitely worth the wait and im sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!
Had no internet in the week. Phoned Bitco...... 25 min later got through .... 15 min later the fault is logged.
Next day techies pitch up, unplug the antenna power supply, plug back in. R 374.
Apparantly (They say it's the second time this year it happened) if there's a power spike the antenna powersupply "hangs up" and waits for a power down/up without spike before it will work.
R374 ......

VandaL

I submitted all my docs on Tuesday, I emailed them yesterday and the sales lady said it is still with their accounts dept, and they will then hand it over to the projects guys and they will call me.

I'm assuming if the projects guys schedule to come out they install if the signal is good and not just come out to check?

Crumbl0x

Definitely worth the wait and im sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!
Great! Do keep us posted over time, I'll do the same if the team finds my area feasible after all.

I submitted all my docs on Tuesday, I emailed them yesterday and the sales lady said it is still with their accounts dept, and they will then hand it over to the projects guys and they will call me.

I'm assuming if the projects guys schedule to come out they install if the signal is good and not just come out to check?
Yeah that's what happens to most people with good line of sight from what I see, mine was just a check because there seems to be conflicting results and no proper line of sight so the team has to return at another time to install the antenna for me.