Bitcoin Drops 50% in Epic Two-Day Tumble

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Bitcoin Drops 50% in Epic Two-Day Tumble

Bitcoin is proving to be no haven asset amid the current global market meltdown.

The largest digital currency continued to plummet in Asia Friday as a rout that began in earnest overnight in New York showed no signs of slowing down. Bitcoin dropped as much as 32% to $3,915, its weakest since March 2019, according to consolidated pricing compiled by Bloomberg. Its 50% drop over the past two days is among the biggest ever.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
But, guys, remember: over the last 10 years this is still the ROI out there!

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Its confusing why this happened though. I suppose people wanted to keep their money more liquid and there was a rush.

I do think it might be a good time to buy though.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Its confusing why this happened though. I suppose people wanted to keep their money more liquid and there was a rush.

I do think it might be a good time to buy though.
Panic selling, people pressing F5 on the exchanges every second, one dip, then everyone sells. Corona has made many people do many stupid things. This is just one more example of everyone being on edge

Goosfrabba

Shouldn't Corona have panicked people into buying rather than selling? You know, global markets hit the skids therefore go off grid.

I'm going back to bartering chickens. Only system that makes sense

Pegasus

Expert Member
Shouldn't Corona have panicked people into buying rather than selling? You know, global markets hit the skids therefore go off grid.

Could be another bird flu

Reactions: 3WA

Hamster

Resident Rodent

Only if you really believe it is a Rand/USD/Whatever hedge.

People always buy Gold and Bonds in times of crisis.

Maybe this was a long time coming and people were looking for a reason to get out. The hype is kinda long gone isn't it? I luckily sold all my DCX10 a week or so ago when it had yet another false rally.

Could be an opportunity to buy. If you look beyond the value of the actual token (which is fokkol if we're honest), there are people out there that still believe in it (@Thor is gearing up to by a shiteload I'm sure). They and you will all pump in more money, get the price to rise and then somebody in a short while from now is going to start taking profits (ie. @Thor's money :p) and it will collapse again. Rinse and repeat...

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
I want a colourful graph otherwise I don't believe it! Want bell curves and Marges head! ;)

Thor

Honorary Master
Only if you really believe it is a Rand/USD/Whatever hedge.

People always buy Gold and Bonds in times of crisis.

Maybe this was a long time coming and people were looking for a reason to get out. The hype is kinda long gone isn't it? I luckily sold all my DCX10 a week or so ago when it had yet another false rally.

Could be an opportunity to buy. If you look beyond the value of the actual token (which is fokkol if we're honest), there are people out there that still believe in it (@Thor is gearing up to by a shiteload I'm sure). They and you will all pump in more money, get the price to rise and then somebody in a short while from now is going to start taking profits (ie. @Thor's money :p) and it will collapse again. Rinse and repeat...
Delete this post.

buyeye

Expert Member
African bank has been spamming with sms's of 13,33 % interest rates. I don't know for anyone with any money not eroded by the equities thinks that is a good option?