Black Ops 4

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Niiice. Well done on the win. The servers were pretty hard to get into yesterday because of that "server at capacity" error. But today I played 20 games in a row without a single issue.
I don't know how accurate the list was but I looked up the guns in the game to see which are good, I had a fully decked out Vapr-XKG with a 2x and an Auger DMR with a sniper scope but no armour.

I was sure I'm dead when I ran into a guy with what looked like level 3 armour and the ray gun, which he shot a millimetre from my face.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The graphics requirement is insane so not sure how they managed to pull it off on console but yes game is killing my PS4....

It's the launch edition OG PS4 and it's been getting hot lately but Blackout is burning it up. Fan spinning so loud that I can hear it with headphones on. Stripped the PS4 today to clean it and reapply new thermal paste and saw a piece of plastic started melting... :eek:

20180916_124156.jpg

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I've gotten 1st, 3rd and 4th now.

The 9 bang is extremely OP, the guy that just killed me won without taking a single hit from me or the person that came second, there is nothing you can do.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see the double xp Monster energy drinks are back. Original monster energy drink cans has double xp codes on them. I'm starting to collect them now for Firday o_O

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I see the double xp Monster energy drinks are back. Original monster energy drink cans has double xp codes on them. I'm starting to collect them now for Firday o_O
Can you post a pic of the can please, does it have COD branding on it?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
None of the stores around me have Monster with codes and I've already played the game stukkend, last night I played for almost 2 hours, after the game I look down and see it's 00:18, it felt like 20 minutes.

StoneCold

Expert Member
What's the ping and local playerbase like? Any problems getting games on PC?
Quite well actually tbh.

We have local servers for mp and for Blackout, so no complaints. Easy enough to find a game on PC for Blackout. During peak time it can take a while longer, but the game does tend to start even if with a lower number of players. From an MP standpoint, I did manage to find games also easy enough, although not in all of the game modes. But for Control, TDM you get games quite easy. But for me, Blackout mode will have a longer lasting appeal vs MP from a longevity standpoint :)

SplaT

Quite well actually tbh.

We have local servers for mp and for Blackout, so no complaints. Easy enough to find a game on PC for Blackout. During peak time it can take a while longer, but the game does tend to start even if with a lower number of players. From an MP standpoint, I did manage to find games also easy enough, although not in all of the game modes. But for Control, TDM you get games quite easy. But for me, Blackout mode will have a longer lasting appeal vs MP from a longevity standpoint :)
Are you serious? I have yet to play a Blackout game. It rarely goes above 4-5 players for me and games never start. Even at peak times, the most I've seen is 8 players just ****ing around in the pre-deployment area.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Are you serious? I have yet to play a Blackout game. It rarely goes above 4-5 players for me and games never start. Even at peak times, the most I've seen is 8 players just ****ing around in the pre-deployment area.
LOL, dead serious.

Look, during peak times, you're going to struggle to find matches with a lot of players. Late afternoon and evenings, Blackout matches are much more populated (at least the Quads mode). Haven't played Duos or Solo that much, I rather prefer the squad option. I think you were just unlucky when you tried. Over the weekend it was really packed!

SplaT

I haven't found a single match the entire weekend (and I've tried many times), but my only option is solo, so maybe it's just solo that's pretty much dead at this point. That sucks, maybe I'll try again at the end of the month when people have money, maybe enough people join to actually have enough players for solo.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I haven't found a single match the entire weekend (and I've tried many times), but my only option is solo, so maybe it's just solo that's pretty much dead at this point. That sucks, maybe I'll try again at the end of the month when people have money, maybe enough people join to actually have enough players for solo.
I played about 5 solo matches over the weekend with between 40 and 60 people.

I think the end of the month and when everyone gets the 60GB downloaded it will fill up more and faster.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So my previous post was wrong. You can basically just use 1 hour 2x XP boost per day and a max of 40 hours in total per platform xbox, ps4 or pc.

So you can activate a total of 160 codes per account but the will consume at max 1 hour per day and ONLY use it when actually playing. Guess I will be drinking a lot of Monster energy drinks :laugh:

monster_codbo4.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
Played quite a bit now. Not a fan to be honest.

Multiplayer you are thrown in lobbies with people of such high level you stand no chance at all. They instantkill. Zero point of having a heal ability in this game. 9.8/10 times you get headshot and if not someone hitting you on your toe instant kills you.

On the other hand PS4 is full of local players on basically every mode including blackout.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Played quite a bit now. Not a fan to be honest.

Multiplayer you are thrown in lobbies with people of such high level you stand no chance at all. They instantkill. Zero point of having a heal ability in this game. 9.8/10 times you get headshot and if not someone hitting you on your toe instant kills you.

On the other hand PS4 is full of local players on basically every mode including blackout.
There is always going to be a good player in a lobby no matter what.