Black Ops 4

ponder

Honorary Master
Played quite a bit now. Not a fan to be honest.

Multiplayer you are thrown in lobbies with people of such high level you stand no chance at all. They instantkill. Zero point of having a heal ability in this game. 9.8/10 times you get headshot and if not someone hitting you on your toe instant kills you.

On the other hand PS4 is full of local players on basically every mode including blackout.
How does aiming work on console, was under the impression it's auto aim for most games? So what makes some players better than others?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
How does aiming work on console, was under the impression it's auto aim for most games? So what makes some players better than others?
I wouldn't go as far as calling it auto aim, it's aim assist.

In COD you unlock stuff as you level up your weapons, so if I run into someone with my fully kitted out weapon and they have the base gun with no attachments chances are I'm winning the fight.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Aim Assist helps your cursor to the enemy it does not aim for you. It's still super hard to get it right no matter what. The sensitivity settings play a big role too. How fast you aim or turn when you use the analogue sticks. Sometimes you need to turn fast other times if it's too sensitive then you completely overshoot your aim.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it auto aim, it's aim assist.

In COD you unlock stuff as you level up your weapons, so if I run into someone with my fully kitted out weapon and they have the base gun with no attachments chances are I'm winning the fight.
Exactly. Base gun vs fully fitted gun and extra unlocked perks you always losing if you are low level. With Fortnite for example it's purely based on skill. You don't have attachments and stuff I need to still unlock. If we both get a blue tac then it would just be skill separating us and with that I'm good because I can get better. Now I start at a disadvantage and it's not fun for a casual gamer not to mention the smack talk from the guys on ps4.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
That being said, to unlock two of the camos you have to get 50 kills with the gun with an optic and 5 attachments and 50 kills with no attachments, I did the one with first and then the one without and it really doesn't make that much of a difference. The Rampart 17, for example, does base 50 headshot damage and if you add High Calibre it does 59 but then the VAPR does 40 and with High Cal it does 64.

Things get really interesting when you start to unlock the Operator Mods.

Last edited: