Blood Pressure...

Was at the hospital for a back injury.. If you are in pain then your blood pressure shoots up.
SO i sat there, nurse took my bloodpressure. 196 / 122.
She did a double take, muttered a bit and redid the test. same figures. was worried i get a stroke or something.
After three hours of pain meds and xrays and physio my pressure was 120/80 .
 
"If left untreated, a blood pressure of 180/120 or higher results in an 80% chance of death within one year, with an average survival rate of ten months."

Pretty scary.
 
just got my first prescription for blood pressure meds. i did a 24 hr bp test on Monday, not sure what my result was but clearly it was high. doc put me on amlodipine 5 mg.
 
I am on Amzar and di-(something or other). I have changed to Losartan (I think) because discovery will pay for that - I'll start that next week.

There is nothing quite like BP meds to make me feel old, but it's my own fault IMO. I am doing regular running now to try get it down a bit naturally.

So far (with meds) I seem to maintain 120/80.

I was asked to stop coffee - but yeah, coffee is my jam man. It's the one thing I can't give up :D
 
I am on Amzar and di-(something or other). I have changed to Losartan (I think) because discovery will pay for that - I'll start that next week.

There is nothing quite like BP meds to make me feel old, but it's my own fault IMO. I am doing regular running now to try get it down a bit naturally.

So far (with meds) I seem to maintain 120/80.

I was asked to stop coffee - but yeah, coffee is my jam man. It's the one thing I can't give up :D

Don’t feel that way, in my situation it’s genetic. But I know of people in their 20’s on meds, girl in my high school was on them at 16.
 
Does decaf make any difference?

I haven't tested my BP before and after drinking coffee, but I have been pumped full of it and gone to the doc quite soon afterwards, and my BP has been fine (on the meds). So I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference to me. So i will carry on drinking coffee :D

Don’t feel that way, in my situation it’s genetic. But I know of people in their 20’s on meds, girl in my high school was on them at 16.

I am not sure if I am one of those who just has bad genes. I am fat, and trying to change that. Years of bad eating under my belt too. I'm pretty sure what I have is self inflicted. Slowly changing my lifestyle by running, etc now. So I'm getting there. I have come to terms with being on BP meds now LOL
 
Going to speak to the GP on Monday to see what he says about switching to channel calcium blockers, considering ACE and ARB can cause complications with this shitty covid-19 doing its arounds.
 
Also been on BP meds now for a month: Zartan 50mg.
Makes me feel shiit
Interesting.

I was put on Pearinda Plus 4mg for the first time last year November and renewed recently to stay on it.
Worked slow in the beginning but its keeping me around 134/90, which as above...is so so. Don't feel any different since taking, except maybe a bit better.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X