Blood Pressure...

the watch I have is currently reading 100/66>
Don't think it's very accurate, need to check with my machine this afternoon
 
the watch I have is currently reading 100/66>
Don't think it's very accurate, need to check with my machine this afternoon
You get best results from the upper arm, not from the wrist. Always.

that's why doctors, nurses and other health professionals always measure BP using the upper arm.
 
So I've splashed out on a smartwatch. Nice little toy, first thing I've bought for myself in ages. Polaroid fitness watch, got a couple of good reviews on Takealot.

Noticed that it can also be used to monitor blood pressure levels. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, given that I prefer the old school method of using a cuff and pressure monitoring machine.

Measured myself just now, there is a discrepancy between the watch and cuff monitor, but it is not that much. A small deviation is not worrisome.

Cuff machine measured 126/84 and 128/83 whilst the watch measured 128/70 and 129/71....

How accurate is a smartwatch's BP function by the way? @Binary Bark any feedback on your side?
 
Last edited:
So I've splashed out on a smartwatch. Nice little toy, first thing I've bought for myself in ages.

Noticed that it can also be used to monitor blood pressure levels. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, given that I prefer the old school method of using a cuff and pressure monitoring machine.

Measured myself just now, there is a discrepancy between the watch and cuff monitor, but it is not that much. A small deviation is not worrisome.

Cuff machine measured 126/84 and 128/83 whilst the watch measured 128/70 and 129/71....

How accurate is a smartwatch's BP function by the way? @Binary Bark any feedback on your side?
It can vary wildly and sometimes be close, I would suggest not to trust it at all.

By coincidence, I saw the thread on new posts opened it and took readings before I read your post, Ook

My cuff machine reads: 140/88

and the watch reads: 126/74

Can be dangerous to believe the watch, it works well for heartbeat measurements though
 
It can vary wildly and sometimes be close, I would suggest not to trust it at all.

By coincidence, I saw the thread on new posts opened it and took readings before I read your post, Ook

My cuff machine reads: 140/88

and the watch reads: 126/74

Can be dangerous to believe the watch, it works well for heartbeat measurements though
Agreed. Just want to know whether to trust it or not.

Now we know.
 
Holy **** all that just for your BP?!
No
During December I had 2 stents implanted.
So while blood flow has increased, so are you faced with the risk of platelets "sticking" to the stents, which again has the potential to decrease blood flow.

Long story short, I'm a bypass candidate.
Sometimes stents are not really appropriate, but in my case they were.
So for now it's wait and see to avoid being carved up like a Christmas turkey.
I suspect the stents are for now simply delaying the inevitable.

Some inherit the family silver.
I inherited the junk hearts.
My mother and her 3 siblings have all have invasive surgery (multiple procedures) all died as a result of cardiac arrest.
The writing is pretty much on the wall.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X