Bluetooth headset with mute button

joker08

Expert Member
I am looking for a bluetooth headset with a mute button. I am working from home and mostly use skype or teams for meetings.
I like to walk around during long meeting but have to run back to my laptop to mute/unmute.
Currently using a jbl t450 bt (doesnt have a mute button)
Was looking at this one but it's too damn expensive. Any suggestions, something may be around r1000 ?
Check this out on takealot: Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset

joker08

Expert Member
iOS 14 allows you to customizes the force sensor to do whatever you like.. noise cancellation, Siri to mute a call, etc works for me
I want to use the headphones for skype calls from my computer

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
can you install anything on your pc/phone or is it locked down completely? (besides for teams/zoom etc)

joker08

Expert Member
can you install anything on your pc/phone or is it locked down completely? (besides for teams/zoom etc)
The laptop connects to the organizations VPN, I have admin rights on the laptop, so I can install anything on the laptop. but I cant use the login credentials for skype or teams to login from my phone.

creeper

Executive Member
Jabra has a few headsets with a mute button. Mine also mutes when you move the mic arm up.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
The laptop connects to the organizations VPN, I have admin rights on the laptop, so I can install anything on the laptop. but I cant use the login credentials for skype or teams to login from my phone.

have you tried something like this?

you could mute or unmute your mic directly in windows or possibly the app