British series, mini-series and dramas .....

Watched the first episode of Wallander season 4.

Was set in the Western Cape in '1993-ish' so much time spent playing spot the location and spot the mistakes.

A new SA flag was out of place, cellphone signals in the middle of nowhere and a very grey-haired image of Nelson on the Civic Centre.

A very white Wallander strolling about in Khayelitsha barely noticed by the locals was quite funny.
 
Not sure when I will have recovered enough to watch episode 2.

Is there a way to just take that nagging woman out of every scene ?!

As MightyQuin said, just wait until episode 6 :wtf:

Must admit that "dance" (in episode 5 I think) was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time :D
 
I see it was created by Julia Davis who plays Fay.

Her other work includes Nighty Night and Hunderby

Time to investigate these.

Lol. Nighty Night is fantastic. I've yet to watch Camping, but it seems cringeworthy is her niche.

I made my wife sit through an episode of Nighty Night and she sat with her jaw dropped the whole time. Refused to watch another one.

Ruth Jones is also great in it.
 
Watched the first episode of Wallander season 4.

Was set in the Western Cape in '1993-ish' so much time spent playing spot the location and spot the mistakes.

A new SA flag was out of place, cellphone signals in the middle of nowhere and a very grey-haired image of Nelson on the Civic Centre.

A very white Wallander strolling about in Khayelitsha barely noticed by the locals was quite funny.

Yeah so I would have to give this episode 4 / 10. I just find Wallanders character about exciting as watching paint dry :D
 
Yeah so I would have to give this episode 4 / 10. I just find Wallanders character about exciting as watching paint dry :D

He's not Mr Charisma that's for sure.

But strange episode and not just because of the local interest.

Still trying to figure out why 'certain things happened to the guy's hand...'

Also the plot is very different to the book - particularly the assassination target.

Synopsis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Lioness
 
Haha the irritating woman from Camping is in Nighty Nite as well. So far have lol'd a few times :D
 
I see it was created by Julia Davis who plays Fay.

Her other work includes Nighty Night and Hunderby

Time to investigate these.

Lol. Nighty Night is fantastic. I've yet to watch Camping, but it seems cringeworthy is her niche.

I made my wife sit through an episode of Nighty Night and she sat with her jaw dropped the whole time. Refused to watch another one.

Ruth Jones is also great in it.

OK Nighty Night added to watch list.

Thanks :)

And this is why I religiously scan these threads! More brilliant and interesting stuff to look forward to. Tx guys.
 
:)

Finished Line Of Duty. They really know how to keep you on the edge of your seat with this one.

Season 4 only 2017 :(

The fourth season of police anti-corruption drama Line of Duty is due to start filming this autumn, it has been revealed.

In an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, creator Jed Mercurio said: “We are shooting Line of Duty series four later this year. I don't really have time for anything else. I'm pretty full-on doing the scripts and then we start shooting in the autumn.

He continued: “It will be delivered for 2017 but it's entirely up to the BBC when they put it out and sometimes they don't put the programme out as soon as it's delivered, sometimes they hold it back for a few months, that's been our experience so far.

Source
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X