Budget host recommendation

Reaper1242

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I have used Domains in the past but even though it's not that pricey it's still more than I'm willing to spend for something this small.
I definitely also have no plans to use wordpress.com

Since I see a decent amount of recommendations for Absolute I'll give them a try.

Thanks all for taking the time.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I develop only WP and Woo sites. The platform is amazing, and 100% of my agency partners will not accept any other CMS for their clients.

Just because most 'devs' (ie. Elementor types) have no clue what they're doing, doesn't mean WP sucks.

Well, technically Wordpress is not a CMS. It's just a badly written blogging platform with some CMS functionality tacked on as an afterthought.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Well, technically Wordpress is not a CMS. It's just a badly written blogging platform with some CMS functionality tacked on as an afterthought.
Maybe that was the case a decade ago. WP has come a long way and has a good team. Considering how easily sites can load in around 300ms, I don't follow that it's a badly written blogging platform.

WP revolves around posts. You can have any post type you want. You can disable the theme framework. You can override queries and use custom database tables. You can add custom fields to anything. It's so extensible that if someone cannot produce a fast, custom site that suits their needs, the problem can only be 'between the keyboard and chair'.

CaptainPugwash

I haven't hosted a site in a while so looking for recommendations.

I need to host a small, simple WordPress site so I'm looking for a reliable host on a budget.

orkoza

I can also recommend AWS, if you use a t3.micro instance on EC2 which will cost you nothing, if you stay within the free tier limits, for the first year. This will be on the 12 month free tier promotion from them.