Buying a 2017 MacBook Pro

Keaganvdh

Hi

I'm really interested in buying the new 2017 MacBook Pro 13", and was hoping to buy it online, seeing that I live 4 hours from the nearest city. I have heard bad reviews about MyiStore, and was wondering if they were true? If so, should I instead wait for Takealot to stock the new Macs?

I will be going the Johannesburg in mid August as well. Should I wait until then, and pick one up in a physical store instead?

Update* So I ordered the MacBook Pro from MyiStore and I received it within 24 hours after purchasing. Brilliant service from MyiStore and RTT.

Last edited:

HDC

Hi

I'm really interested in buying the new 2017 MacBook Pro 13", and was hoping to buy it online, seeing that I live 4 hours from the nearest city. I have heard bad reviews about MyiStore, and was wondering if they were true? If so, should I instead wait for Takealot to stock the new Macs?

I will be going the Johannesburg in mid August as well. Should I wait until then, and pick one up in a physical store instead?

I have used the online version of the istore as they usually have stock and the stores don't.
Never had an issue and delivery has always been within 3 days - extra day for you out in the sticks.

Physical stores are crap and people are not trained at all.

creeper

Executive Member
I have used the online version of the istore as they usually have stock and the stores don't.
Never had an issue and delivery has always been within 3 days - extra day for you out in the sticks.

^^This.

Ordered some items (not available in the shop) yesterday and it will be delivered today.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Never had a issue buying online from iStore though I only baught accessories online before, iPhone and such I whent to the physical store.
You can also try Digicape, I baught my iMac online from them a couple of years ago.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Dont get the Late 2012> models, soldered ram and SSD's, very dumb to buy one.

Get a 2011-Mid 2012 so you can upgrade yourself if needed.

alternate

Expert Member
Thanks for the update Keaganvdh.
What is the exact model number of the one you got and how much?