Calls for after-hours work email ban

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Wish my wife would do that.

I removed work email from my phone/tablet - so now I only respond during office hours.

Also thinking of getting a new sim card and keeping the number for friends and family only.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
My android tablet have an automatic do not disturb feature which enables itself after 17:00 and disables after 08:00

Only friends and family is able to phone me, and it will ring.

Work and unknown telephone numbers won't ring at all.

And I ignore all emails from work until it's official work hours.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Wish my wife would do that.

I removed work email from my phone/tablet - so now I only respond during office hours.

Also thinking of getting a new sim card and keeping the number for friends and family only.

Very good idea. Which I have done as well.

ambo

Expert Member
I don't think that it is sufficient for the email deferring to only happen on the client side. There should be a way to have mail hit a holding area in your inbox and only appear again during office hours. I'm not sure if any mail server software implements something like this.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Also, two email accounts.

Gmail for friends + private stuff (work seeking etc)
Work email for das work stuffz.

Works well. Only one email account to ignore after-hours and over weekends.

Plus - if you use your private email for work, they may have the mandate to look at your private email as it was done on company property using company equipment (ADSL and line rental included). Not worth the hassle and stress.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Nooooo...its already difficult enough to get any response out of the French as is.

Also...what about deadline crunches?

Pixelbender

So the stress will only be tenfold the next morning, and you will spend half your day sifting through emails and some people forgetting what the issue was from the previous day and just create a snowball effect?

Maybe get "Banning sales emails/calls after 5" right first before trying to implement banning work emails completely.