Calls from 084 145

Tech786

This number constantly calls me and they just play elevator music.
Anyone know what number this is for?

I'm not a cell c user.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
This number constantly calls me and they just play elevator music.
Anyone know what number this is for?

I'm not a cell c user.
Hi Tech786, That is Cell C sales direct. Please PM me your number if do not wish to receive sales calls. *DM*

PseudZ

Expert Member
I am also getting these calls. Absolutely ridiculous! I'm not even with Cell C.

I am so tired of companies having my number when I did not even give it to them.

biena

Executive Member
Thread necro I know, also getting these stupid calls. Thank goodness for Android spam list.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Hi Tech786, That is Cell C sales direct. Please PM me your number if do not wish to receive sales calls. *DM*
I finally had it with those CellC calls and have given your team a last and final chance to fix. Next call from you will result in a nice legal letter as you are violating ECT & CPA for unsolicited marketing messages. I have proof that I used your opt-out service and was "successfully" removed, but yet have received 5 calls from 084 145 this week alone.

Lager

Banned
I finally had it with those CellC calls and have given your team a last and final chance to fix. Next call from you will result in a nice legal letter as you are violating ECT & CPA for unsolicited marketing messages. I have proof that I used your opt-out service and was "successfully" removed, but yet have received 5 calls from 084 145 this week alone.
just had two from this number within 5 min

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Install the trucaller app on your phone, it would have shown on your phone as Cell C Spam:

http://www.truecaller.com/za/084145
You do know that by installing the app all your contact information in your address book has been submitted to their central database? They innocently call it "crowd sharing". Any app or website asking to access such information should not be installed. FWIW - TrueCaller was hacked and some time ago and all data was dumped.

Bighit

Expert Member
You do know that by installing the app all your contact information in your address book has been submitted to their central database? They innocently call it "crowd sharing". Any app or website asking to access such information should not be installed. FWIW - TrueCaller was hacked and some time ago and all data was dumped.
Correct, but it stops spam and I'm happy about that.

ph4t3

Expert Member
Just starting getting calls from this number.

Can I block the number at a network level and not install TrueCaller?

Could I give voda a call?

TEXTILE GUY

Executive Member
I think that covers most of us then ......

Why would Cell C call someone on their cell to sell them a cell?

FlashSA

Executive Member
First time I got one of these calls, 10 days ago, I got irritated with the music and hung up.

Earlier this week the system called again. I was driving so let the music play to see what happend (carkit). Aunty finally came on the line and started with "We have a great offer from Cell C"

I said, and at this point I must state I have already endured my 24 months stint of Cell C shocking-ness, "I want FU$K ALL to do with Cell C"

She hung up......

ld13

Honorary Master
Excuse the necro.

Also just got a call from +27 084 145. Supposedly been pre-approved :whistling: for one of their deals... but for once the agent was quite friendly and did not push me when I said no thanks.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Excuse the necro.

Also just got a call from +27 084 145. Supposedly been pre-approved :whistling: for one of their deals... but for once the agent was quite friendly and did not push me when I said no thanks.
newspeak for "we have a great deal for you, but there is a big catch, nevermind the catch, just sign on the dotted line..."

Wonder if magicdude ever sent his threatening lawyery letter after all? :D

McT

The Humble Scot!
Cell C and their telemarketing are killing any remaining enthusiasm I had left for the operator. I despise and detest their way of trying to bait any into their organisation.

MagPie2012

I swear by all I hold dear that if I get another Cell C call, I am going to lose it! It is bull that we have to "opt" out. That is totally against the CPA. My personal favourite part is that my cell is in my Dad's name, I'm the only user, but they call requesting my Mom, who has never had anything to do with this contract at all!!! Thank the gods for Android's blocking feature!

McT

The Humble Scot!
7 calls today from 084 145 today and counting... :mad:

I will not take a call from a number that puts me on hold before they talk to me!!!!! :mad: