Calls from 084 145

Venomous

Honorary Master
7 calls today from 084 145 today and counting... :mad:

I will not take a call from a number that puts me on hold before they talk to me!!!!! :mad:
Next time hold until they start speaking.
Cut them off with "is this a sales call?"
They are gonna say yes in some format.

Then you inform them something like: "I consider this harassment and if anyone for your company dares to call me again I will lay charges. Remove my number from your sales list with immediate effect."

And if someone dares to call again you ask them where to send the harassment summons

It has been quite peaceful the last 16months or so :)

vorman

Expert Member
Necro, but this is ridiculous.

I receive calls from this number literally everyday. 084 145 / +27 084145
I have blocked this number in TrueCaller. Guess what, it does not block the calls.
TrueCaller even gives me the option to Unblock, yet the calls still come through.
Whats worse, I just scrolled through the TrueCaller call log. These calls do not show up in the TrueCaller call log unless I have answered it. On the other hand, my phone call log shows all of them.

I suspect CellC paid for Premium subscription of TrueCaller or something to this effect.
I cannot understand.

@Cell_C PLEASE remove my number from your system! I have PM'd you.

Edit: I have reported this number and blocked it using the Samsung Built in Call Blocker/spam reporting tool. Lets see if this works. Samsung uses Hiya as a backbone but still not as efficient as TrueCaller in identifying calls. Picks up a handful of calls only.

marioat1

Expert Member

I have blocked this number in TrueCaller. Guess what, it does not block the calls.
TrueCaller even gives me the option to Unblock, yet the calls still come through.
Whats worse, I just scrolled through the TrueCaller call log. These calls do not show up in the TrueCaller call log unless I have answered it. On the other hand, my phone call log shows all of them.

I suspect CellC paid for Premium subscription of TrueCaller or something to this effect.
I cannot understand.

Edit: I have reported this number and blocked it using the Samsung Built in Call Blocker/spam reporting tool. Lets see if this works. Samsung uses Hiya as a backbone but still not as efficient as TrueCaller in identifying calls. Picks up a handful of calls only.
Upgrade your truecaller to premium so you have full functionality. The free version is fine for identifying spammers, but didn't have all the tools activated.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

I cannot understand.

Hi

We have replied to your PM.

^NS

Slow_d0ge

This is the definition of customer disservice, damn coorperates high and mighty with their convoluted policies destroying our privacies, couldn't bother with taking the entirety of Cell C to court over this because of some cheap between the lines subscription that saves there scaly skin off their arse. Have a nice day pricks and enjoy those fat bellies.

Absolutely annihilated with frustration at this point I swear I'm not the one to warn people I stop wrong doers 1st time because greed always gets the better of a good conscience. Have some honour i mean I'm appaulled they would continuously offer my poor ass a scam of a deal so just please, just please as if life isn't depressing enough you have to come along and try take advantage of all of us further solidifying my doubts in humanity. DIGNITY, PRIDE, HONOUR, INTEGRITY, EMPATHY and even the slightest hint of a conscience would go a long ****ing way.

Much love to all :) thanks for reading and appologies for bad vibes that cannot be helped <3

RedViking

Nord of the South
Wish it was illegal for a company to call you without your permission. Sies man Cell C and all the other spammers.

RedViking

Nord of the South

I cannot understand.

If you on Android, use Should I Answer?, there is no need to spend more money on something that should never have cost you a cent.

Moosedrool

Expert Member
Hi Tech786, That is Cell C sales direct. Please PM me your number if do not wish to receive sales calls. *DM*
Dailing people and letting them hold is extremely uncalled for. Change the way your sales department operates.

Crusader

Expert Member
I'm also receiving multiple calls from 0084145. Today alone they phone 4 times with the last call being at 18:48. When I answered I heard a female voice and then they hung up. I did not consent to be contacted and this is really getting on my nerves now.

Peon

Expert Member
I can reliably inform you all that when a telemarketer calls, play this song to them on speaker.

They wont call you again.

Marcell1992

I block all telemarketers, only problem I face is, I'm afraid to block a number that might also be used in the future for warnings/bills/anything else important.

It's nice that blocking numbers come built in with the Samsung Galaxy J4