Can this be RMA'd?

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
Cannot follow link on mobile.

If you have just started using it and it is not working properly(includes strange sounds), you should be able to RMA. Do not wait days as the supplier will the want to repair..

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
The file has exceeded its maximum download limit, but from what you describe it sounds like a popped cap, but probably one that's not so important for the PSU to function. Regardless of what's actually wrong with it, nothing inside your computer should make that sound. Return it to the shop or RMA it and make sure you attach a note with it describing the sound and any problems it may be causing. I don't suggest running any stress tests with the PSU, just package it back up and send it off.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Absolutely.

What I find annoying is having a sensitive ear myself allowing me to hear high pitched PSU sounds that aren't part of normal operation. The techies can never hear them, either too old or too loud a work space...

So be thankful yours is distinct. :D

NomNom

Executive Member
I'm pretty sure its the fan, the noise has quieten down somewhat so I am not too bothered about it anymore, thanks for the help.

ChilliGirl

PopCornPeddler
I'm pretty sure its the fan, the noise has quieten down somewhat so I am not too bothered about it anymore, thanks for the help.

Send it back.

The problem will likely get worse with time and use....

NomNom

Executive Member
Yeah I think I was too quick to dismiss it earlier, I've asked to have it RMA'd a new PSU should make the noise it is making.