Car Jump Starter Power Bank

Dean

Expert Member
Groupon are having a deal on a jump-start kit.

It looks cool - very small/portable unlike those large battery packs which I'm used to.

Question for the experts: can you see any downside to the product or the deal?

Link: Rossi 14000mAh Car Jump Starter Power Bank

Cheers

Dean

Expert Member
No alternator ?

Not sure that I understand what you're saying.

Are you asking if- or saying that there is- no alternator in the power bank?

If the latter, are there alternators in the other battery pack/jump-starter kits? I assume not..

Dean

Expert Member
In the car......

This would be for those times when internal electrical issues/dead/dying battery prevent starting. These are much less of a ball-ache to use than waiting for roadside assistance.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I've seen these advertised. But still trying to find out what batteries they have. Is it lithium ion?

Here's another "mini jump starter" from Oz that can be used to start engines as well as power laptops and phones: http://minijumpstarter.com/

I've been looking locally for something like this.

Last edited:

Dean

Expert Member
I've seen these advertised. But still trying to find out what batteries they have. Is it lithium ion?

Here's another "mini jump starter" from Oz that can be used to start engines as well as power laptops and phones: http://minijumpstarter.com/

Looks like Li-ion (1000 charge cycles, 6 month shelf-life per cycle).

That other one is quite a bit more expensive without much (or any?) added value that I can see..

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
I agree. Lithium ion isn't cheap, which makes me wonder whether the cheaper one isn't nickel metal hydride or even nickel cadmium. Wish they would say. Makes me suspicious that they don't.