Carolina Reaper chilli.

semaphore

Honorary Master
For some reason the majority of my seeds didn't sprout.
Can't figure out what I did wrong, followed the instructions, used the presoak liquid, used a heating pad etc etc.

One or two varieties ALL the seeds sprouted, and then others none did :-(
I found the seeds i got from chilliheads this year to have a very poor germination rate.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Not sure if I asked but are they really hot even though they grow here ? Read climate affects the heat .
Guy, have you not felt the sun the last few years in SA ?:p Yes the sun does have some influence, but its also genetics and how you harvest. If you stress the plant it will also cause them to become hotter due to defense mechanisms. Personally I prefer bigger yields. That being said the reapers produced in our climate are still hot.

schuits

Expert Member
Why don't you make a friend some bovril on toast
There's actually this friend who has a massive ego. Used to say he loved anything hot.
Until I started challenging him to some of my sauces, now he doesn't trust me.

So I'm gonna find a way to make him try some of this.

semaphore

Honorary Master
One of the little pods finally coming out, lots of smaller ones all over the plant.

IMG-3819.JPG

Some of my plants got destroyed by the hail as well, thankfully I saw some infinity chilli pods coming out so least i'll be able to grow those as well.

On a side note a breeder in the UK is sending me some Dragon breath chilli seeds. ( reference : https://www.sandiaseed.com/blogs/news/dragons-breath-chilli-at-2-48-million-scoville)

semaphore

Honorary Master
Any possibility of selling reaper and dragons breath seeds? I'm looking to start growing some too.
I currently have ghost peppers growing
I do not have the dragon breath at the moment, only getting them in a few weeks. As for the reaper, when the pods are ripe and I harvest ill drop you a message and send you some.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Sadly the one chilli that started growing fell off due to the hail. Also get a few flowers but they fall off