Carolina Reaper chilli.

Venomous

Honorary Master
The facing heaven chillies(have 2) only really sprouted earlier this year, so they are still tiny. Think tbey came out late feb if I remember correctly. I am tempted to move them to pots and put them inside for the winter. Not sure how well they will out live a joburg winter.. .DSC_7869.JPG

lived666

Executive Member
Do you need some reapers?

I had a fair amount of Chilis grow this year, a mixture of reapers, habeneros, 7-pot etc as per the pic below:

UJVS6370.JPG

So i made another sauce, just mixing them all together. In hindsight I should have made 2 sauces, one without the reapers so as to have a general hot sauce and not another I can't ****en breath sauce, but alas, that ship has sailed.

My sauce in the pot,. I need to move it to bottles but 5 days after making it I still can't get the oils off my fingers, so I'm dreading handling it again:whistling:

IMG_2602.JPG

Anyhow bottom line is I have 5 nice size reapers looking for a home, each reaper will yield 30-50 hardy seeds - these are from some tough plants as I treat them like kak yet this year they produced two harvests and are around 1.5m tall, so you should be able to grow a decent amount of plants from one reaper.

IMG_2601.JPG

So if you want to try and grow your own or just want to taste one or even use one for a base of a sauce - one is enough.

no payment requested but dark chocolate always appreciated.....you would have to collect from Midrand sometime, pm if you are interested.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
My sauce in the pot,. I need to move it to bottles but 5 days after making it I still can't get the oils off my fingers, so I'm dreading handling it again:whistling:

Use gloves. Easy. I always use gloves purchased from the pharmacy, just for this type of situation.

lived666

Executive Member
Use gloves. Easy. I always use gloves purchased from the pharmacy, just for this type of situation.
nah, I mean common sense says yes, and the fact that I couldn't see for a few minutes cause I touched my eyes but nah, nobody got time for that.

Venomous

Honorary Master

I had a fair amount of Chilis grow this year, a mixture of reapers, habeneros, 7-pot etc as per the pic below:

View attachment 652238

So i made another sauce, just mixing them all together. In hindsight I should have made 2 sauces, one without the reapers so as to have a general hot sauce and not another I can't ****en breath sauce, but alas, that ship has sailed.

View attachment 652242

Anyhow bottom line is I have 5 nice size reapers looking for a home, each reaper will yield 30-50 hardy seeds - these are from some tough plants as I treat them like kak yet this year they produced two harvests and are around 1.5m tall, so you should be able to grow a decent amount of plants from one reaper.

View attachment 652244

So if you want to try and grow your own or just want to taste one or even use one for a base of a sauce - one is enough.

no payment requested but dark chocolate always appreciated.....you would have to collect from Midrand sometime, pm if you are interested.
Hi.

I could do with a few seeds. :) That way you can share with more people :p

eehellfire

Executive Member

View attachment 652238

/snip
buy a box of latex medical gloves - best for handling chillies

TheFriendlyGhost

Expert Member
Somebody gave somebody that I know a couple of reapers and I ended up with one. Shelled out a few seeds and planted them in a pot about two weeks ago and have about 5x 2cm plants already. Was amazed at how quick they germinated.

lived666

Executive Member
Somebody gave somebody that I know a couple of reapers and I ended up with one. Shelled out a few seeds and planted them in a pot about two weeks ago and have about 5x 2cm plants already. Was amazed at how quick they germinated.
Ya, I also find they quite easy to germinate. My issue has to get them to grow from replanting the seedlings into monster plants - I had around 30 this year that just didn't make from seedling to adult plant - not sure why, then again I don't really have a green thumb or look after them that well, they plants, they should just grow, and some have.

When I do look after them I give them egg shells and plant food and in a few days I will trim my big plants a tad and cover them for winter, some are too big so they wasting energy on growing when they should be chillaxing for the winter.

No Boomers Required

The facing heaven chillies(have 2) only really sprouted earlier this year, so they are still tiny. Think tbey came out late feb if I remember correctly. I am tempted to move them to pots and put them inside for the winter. Not sure how well they will out live a joburg winter.. .View attachment 643162
Where did you get your seeds from? I've been battling for a long time.

Edited to add:
I'm aiming at making this:

schuits

Expert Member
If anyone sees Encona reaper chilli sauce, don't bother buying it. It's only 4% reaper and not hot.