Carolina Reaper chilli.

HunterNW

Expert Member
Well doesn't look like a ghost or carolina me thinks
What you thinks then ? 7 Pod ? I've got two plants looking the same, one's fruit is green, then turn red, the other green, then turn yellow. Both looks the same. Made some sauce over the weekend, damn..... fcking hot.

lived666

Executive Member
Carolina's are only starting to fruit now, soo late, weird, but anyhow in a week or so should have enough to make a decent hot sauce.

Carel7

Hi guys, I have been directed to this thread by someone.

I am in Pretoria for the next day or two, after which I will be leaving the country. I am desperately looking for one or two Carolina Reapers (or seeds to grow my own back home), unfortunately buying online would take way too long.
Would anyone close to Pretoria be able to assist please? I am willing to buy some from you of course.

Much appreciated!

dielaksman

Hi guys, I have been directed to this thread by someone.

I am in Pretoria for the next day or two, after which I will be leaving the country. I am desperately looking for one or two Carolina Reapers (or seeds to grow my own back home), unfortunately buying online would take way too long.
Would anyone close to Pretoria be able to assist please? I am willing to buy some from you of course.

Much appreciated!
Maybe try http://www.thechillistall.co.za/, they are in Midrand, not that far from PTA

schuits

20180526_090116.jpg
Some of my little peri peri chillis. Bloody hot, very little flavour.
I'm waiting for chillihead's website to come back up so I can purchase some real chilli seeds.

Trompie67

Expert Member
^^^^ Y'all are going to think I'm nuts, but the following does work:

Peri-peri chillies - hot, but also zero flavour.

Water daily (mine are potted & require water 2 x a day in summer) and then water once a week with a 200ml can of coca cola.

Adds flavour and a slight sweetness to them, makes them much more delish.

I also water with a 200ml can of plain soda water once a week, gives the plants a boost of oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur & sodium.

I had big doubts about the coke, but tried it on one plant it it has worked.